Ahmedabad sources have stated that a passenger on a Jet Airways flight from Mumbai to Delhi has confessed to keeping a threatening note in a bathroom, which set off a hijack alert, Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju said. Yesterday morning the Jet Airways flight 9W339 took off a little before 3 am from Mumbai and was soon diverted to Ahmedabad, where it landed 45 minutes later. The airline, in a statement, said the plane was diverted after the "declaration of an emergency as per established security procedures, due to the detection of an on board security threat".
What had set off the scare was a printed letter in the bathroom in Urdu and English, which suggested that there was a bomb in the cargo of the plane. It said that the flight "is covered by hijackers and aircraft should not be land and flown straight to POK."
According to sources the pilot of the Boeing 737-900 plane reportedly
pressed the hijack button, alerting the Ahmedabad airport to a threat. After
the plane, with 122 passengers including seven crew members, landed in
Ahmedabad, everyone was screened and their bags checked. The flight took
off for Delhi six hours later.
Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey? New Delhi sources have stated that Past the three year mark as Prime Minister, Narendra Modi continues to retain his popularity according to a survey by the Pew Research Center + that says nine out of 10 respondents hold a favorable opinion of the leader and approve of how the country is doing.
- India's second engineering facility set up by Uber
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'
- Bill and Melinda participated in the agriculture hackathon at Vizag
- Kamal Haasan gives back all the donations he received from fans - Says fans provided Rs.30 Crores
- Hyderabad's Jubilee Hills felt mild tremors
- Will KTR share Telangana learning experience with Delhi?
- Patanjali Food Park coming soon to Telengana