Union minister Ramdas Athawale had suggested that Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi marry a Dalit woman, saying casteism cannot be removed merely by having meals with the community. Accordingly, Gandhi (47) had recently said, in answer to a question, that he believed in destiny when it came to marriage. "This is an old question. He believes in destiny and it will happen when it does", he had said.
Meanwhile, the Dalit leader who heads the Republican Party of India (Athavale), an ally of the BJP-led NDA, said he could help find a match for the Congress scion. The Minister said "He had personally married a Brahmin girl which is in the line with B R Ambedkar's solution to dismantle caste barriers. It cannot be achieved only by eating together".
Moreover, when responding to a query, Athawale said Gandhi had changed recently as far as his leadership caliber was concerned. "He is not 'Pappu' anymore. He looks confident and hopefully can be a good leader," the Dalit leader said, referring to the nickname with which Gandhi was often mocked by a section on social media. Furthermore, another NDA constituent, the Shiv Sena, had recently said that Gandhi had the capability to lead the country.
PM reaches Miyapur in a chopper to inaugurate Metro Rail Hyderabad sources have stated that three temporary helipads are being constructed in Miyapur for Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who will be in the city on November 28 to inaugurate the prestigious Metro Rail project. According to sources the Telangana government is making all out efforts to ensure glitch-free touchdown for the prime minister's chopper.
- Chandrababu Naidu is one leader who is completely morally bankrupt
- Why TDP MLA MLA Vallabhaneni Vamsi gives resignation?
- #TwoLeavesSymbol - Election Commission acts as BJP's puppet - TTV Dinakaran lashes out
- Tamil Nadu heading towards President Rule
- A Thief who went to rob a home, ate well and fell asleep - Cops woke him up and arrested
- A Girl Student committed suicide at Sathyabama University - Students vandalized campus - Who is to be blamed?
- YSRCP Party gets new MLA by name Dommeti Venkateswarlu
- AP Assembly leaves 3 day vacation for MLAs
- Innovative Machines to be installed in Hyderabad Airport
- Apple supplier Foxconn employed thousands of students to assemble iPhone X who are being forced to work overtime
- CBSE and ICSE schools in Telangana to teach Telugu as mandatory language subject from the next academic year
- Hyderabadis will face lot of Traffic nightmares & Diversions
- Gujarat Chief Minister confirms that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' will not release in their state
- Do you know? How Much money was collected through GST for the months of August, Sep and October?
- Nara Lokesh should know when to keep calm - Nandi Awards controversy erupts