A Boiler exploded in National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) in Rae Bareli by Wednesday late evening and the laborers who worked at the plant were killed and injured. The rescue operations are still happening and so far 16 bodies were retrieved.
The death toll is expected to increase as the rescue operations are still going on. The plant was shut down immediately and sources say that the four managers in the plant were also badly injured. No Media persons were allowed inside the premises.
All the injured laborers were taken to the nearby hospital and those with serious injuries are taken to Lucknow. Even though there is no clear picture on how the boiler blasted, reports say around 150 laborers were inside when the mishap took place. An official said the ash pipe exploded due to pressure.
UP Chief Minister Yogi who is in Mauritius has directed all authorities to ensure necessary steps are taken for the relief and rescue. He also announced a sum of Rs.200,000 for the families who have lost and 50,000 for those who were injured.
Will Hyderabad be a safer city for Women? New Delhi sources have stated that the Central government on Wednesday began a process of formulating a comprehensive safe city plans for women in eight metropolitan cities Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Lucknow and Hyderabad. Accordingly the process was started in the Steering Committee meeting constituted by the Home Ministry
- PM reaches Miyapur in a chopper to inaugurate Metro Rail
- Chandrababu Naidu is one leader who is completely morally bankrupt
- Why TDP MLA MLA Vallabhaneni Vamsi gives resignation?
- #TwoLeavesSymbol - Election Commission acts as BJP's puppet - TTV Dinakaran lashes out
- Tamil Nadu heading towards President Rule
- A Thief who went to rob a home, ate well and fell asleep - Cops woke him up and arrested
- A Girl Student committed suicide at Sathyabama University - Students vandalized campus - Who is to be blamed?
- YSRCP Party gets new MLA by name Dommeti Venkateswarlu
- AP Assembly leaves 3 day vacation for MLAs
- Innovative Machines to be installed in Hyderabad Airport
- Apple supplier Foxconn employed thousands of students to assemble iPhone X who are being forced to work overtime
- CBSE and ICSE schools in Telangana to teach Telugu as mandatory language subject from the next academic year
- Hyderabadis will face lot of Traffic nightmares & Diversions
- Gujarat Chief Minister confirms that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' will not release in their state
- Do you know? How Much money was collected through GST for the months of August, Sep and October?