Chennai sources have reported that it is once again that time of the year when heavy rains bring Chennai to a grinding halt and citizens complain of water flooding their houses and streets. Many Chennai residents complained that the situation this year reminds them of the horrors of the 2015 floods.
Meanwhile, in Anakaputhur, a Chennai suburb, two students died after they were allegedly struck by lightning. Schools and colleges in rain-affected districts of Tiruvallur and Kancheepuram have been declared closed. In Chennai, however, schools are closed for the day following water stagnation and flooding of streets.
All this despite, the Tamilnadu government claiming that it has completed "95%" of the work towards monsoon preparedness. The state's minister for municipal administration and rural development S P Velumani even said that the work done by the AIADMK government towards preparing for the monsoon is more than what has been done by "London and America".
In this case, now weather forecasting department has confirmed that heavy rains will continue to lash out Chennai for another 4 days as a new low pressure has been formed over the Bay of Bengal.
Innovative Machines to be installed in Hyderabad Airport Hyderabad sources have reported that Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA), Hyderabad has become the first airport in the country to commence installing waste recycling machines as a pilot project. Currently the machines have been installed to crush plastic PET (polyethylene terephthalate) bottles, steel/aluminium cans and plastic bags in an eco-friendly way, said GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd. (GHIAL), which operates the airport.
- Apple supplier Foxconn employed thousands of students to assemble iPhone X who are being forced to work overtime
- CBSE and ICSE schools in Telangana to teach Telugu as mandatory language subject from the next academic year
- Hyderabadis will face lot of Traffic nightmares & Diversions
- Gujarat Chief Minister confirms that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' will not release in their state
- Do you know? How Much money was collected through GST for the months of August, Sep and October?
- Nara Lokesh should know when to keep calm - Nandi Awards controversy erupts
- Bhavana Rape Case: Dileep's ex-wife is the Key witness in SIT Chargesheet
- Android phones collecting addresses of nearby mobile towers when location services are disabled
- India test fires #BrahMos missile successfully - Video Inside
- Do Revanth want anything from Telangana Government?
- Cisco along with Interpol will fight Cyber Crime
- Mumbai Man built a six seater plane, Names it after Modi
- Tentative Tariff of Hyderabad Metro Rail doing rounds in Social Media
- One Plus 5T Face Unlock, Finger Print Sensor and many features will make you BUY THIS IMMEDIATELY
- After 37 years! A historic moment in Zimbabwe as Robert Mugabe resigns - People rejoice on the streets