Hyderabad sources have stated that a senior official said Telangana Legal Metrology Department which has taken up a special drive across the state following complaints of levy of GST on packed goods having MRP, has registered over 1,000 cases and imposed fines to the tune of over Rs 10 lakh.
Meanwhile the department found that small traders to big shopping malls and even multiplexes and prominent MNC food chains were allegedly indulging in this fraud, he said. Commissioner for Civil Supplies, Legal and Metrological Controller C V Anand had last month warned manufacturers, packers, importers against collecting GST in addition to the MRP on packaged goods.
Further on receiving several complaints from people,
special teams with Legal and Metrology Department officials were formed to make
checks statewide and cases were booked against those indulged in malpractice or
deceptive act. Anand said they are cheating people by charging GST on MRP
and added if anybody is caught first time charging more than MRP, the penalty
will be from Rs 2,000 to Rs 25,000 and if anybody is caught second time the
penalty will be doubled.
Why Upasana Kamineni, Nara Brahmani Came Together? Sources have made a statement that at a time when a full scale Nandamuri-Konidela fan war is on over Nandi awards, the daughters' in laws of both families came together for a cause. Nandamuri Balakrishna's daughter and Chief Minister Chandrababu's 'kodalu' Nara Brahmani and Chiranjeevi's daughter in law Upasana Kamineni jointly promoted blood donation. The bonhomie and joie de vivre among the two young ladies was seen to be believed.
- YS Jagan's 12 Day Tour schedule released
- India's second engineering facility set up by Uber
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'