Way back in 2015, a techie Swathi was brutally murdered with a machete in broad daylight in Chennai's Nungambakkam railway station. Besides the shock that none came with the help of the dying girl, there was no railway police personnel arriving at the location for more than hour since the incident.
To fight against the southern railway's negligence, Swathi's parents Ranganayaki and Santhanagopalakrishnan have filed a petition in Madras High court, demanding a compensation of 3 Crores. However their fight is not for money, and it's for anyone impacted this way, to claim, says their counsel Kuberan.
Senior counsel Raja says that whenever there's a case of government negligence, the High court gives the compensation, depending on the case, and when one files a suit, it might take 10-15 years to the High court, he added.
IPC section 304, which is all about death by negligence is an underused area of law, and in India, very few cases are filed against government authorities due to the dragging nature of the cases for 2-3 years.
This writ was filed by Swathi's parents last year itself, and however high court registry delayed numbering the case. However, the high court came down heavily on the registry for Acting like a court and intimated that Railway tribunals can take up cases of claims only below 8 lakhs. The court also stated numerous examples, before finally concluding that the constitutional court can examine acts of state if they pertain to the public domain.
Apple supplier Foxconn employed thousands of students to assemble iPhone X who are being forced to work overtime Beijing sources have added that according to sources, students in the age group 17-19 were hired as interns in September and were told to work at the assembling unit in Zhengzhou, China, to work for three months to get "work experience in order to graduate". Accordingly "The work has nothing to do with our studies. We are being forced by our school to work here," Yang who assembles 1,200 iPhone X cameras a day was quoted as saying in the report.
- CBSE and ICSE schools in Telangana to teach Telugu as mandatory language subject from the next academic year
- India test fires #BrahMos missile successfully - Video Inside
- Innovative Machines to be installed in Hyderabad Airport
- Hyderabadis will face lot of Traffic nightmares & Diversions
- Do Revanth want anything from Telangana Government?
- Cisco along with Interpol will fight Cyber Crime
- Mumbai Man built a six seater plane, Names it after Modi
- Tentative Tariff of Hyderabad Metro Rail doing rounds in Social Media
- One Plus 5T Face Unlock, Finger Print Sensor and many features will make you BUY THIS IMMEDIATELY
- After 37 years! A historic moment in Zimbabwe as Robert Mugabe resigns - People rejoice on the streets
- Actor Sasikumar's Manager #ASHOKKUMAR commits suicide due to Financiers torture
- A Woman Arrested for posting bad comments on Facebook against a Judge
- Hyderabad Park Hotel Owner has been accused for Cheating
- You can turn Agriculture into a profitable business says Microsoft Founder Bill Gates
- Hyderabad Air Hostess Harassed - Sexual Abuser falls on feet and apologizes - Watch Video