For all the residents of Bengaluru, we have a bad news as you may face unscheduled power cuts at any time. Already most of you would be facing the same for past couple of days. This situation is just going to get worse as the city faces a shortage of 1500 Megawatts.
As per a report from TOI, more than 5000 complaints were reported to Bescom for past 2 days. Various areas of Bengaluru faced power shortage. Koramangala 3rd and 4th blocks, Nisarga Layout, Vijaya Bank colony, Sarjapura, Kaikondrahalli, Yeshwanthapura, and Rajaji Nagar faced power cuts for a long period of time.
Apart from these areas, Doddanekkundi, Marathahalli, and surrounding areas will be affected too. However, Officials from Bescom confirmed that the situation is under control as the state has bought electricity from National Power Exchange at Market Price and there won't be any power cuts in a day or two.
The Managing Director P.Rajendra Cholan said, "At present, the power deficit is 1500 MW and the Karnataka government has just bought 500MW. We are also facing a shortage of coal. Soon we will give uninterrupted power."
India's second engineering facility set up by Uber According to sources the cab aggregate Uber has set up a new engineering facility in Hyderabad's Kondapur area. This is its second engineering facility in the country. According to sources the kondapur facility is spread in 18000 sq feet. Hyderabad facility is the company's largest centre outside its headquarters in San Francisco
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'
- Bill and Melinda participated in the agriculture hackathon at Vizag
- Kamal Haasan gives back all the donations he received from fans - Says fans provided Rs.30 Crores