Hyderabad sources have stated that Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao said his Government will wage a legal battle if the Centre refuses to ensure increased reservation for socially and economically backward among the Muslims and Scheduled Tribes. Meanwhile he told the Assembly that he was confident the Centre will accept the state's demand to include the state legislation in the 9th Schedule of the Indian Constitution to this effect but said the state will approach the Supreme Court if necessary.
KCR said the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) will also raise the issue in the winter session of Parliament. Earlier in April, the Assembly passed legislation, increasing the quota for the two categories to 12 and 10% respectively. Socially and economically backward among the Muslims under the Backward Classes (E) category currently enjoy 4% quota in educational institutions and government jobs while STs have 6% reservation.
As the hike in quota for Muslims and STs will take
overall reservation in Telangana to 62%, the state is urging the Centre to
include it in the 9th Schedule as was done in case of Tamilnadu, where the
total reservation is 69%.
India's second engineering facility set up by Uber According to sources the cab aggregate Uber has set up a new engineering facility in Hyderabad's Kondapur area. This is its second engineering facility in the country. According to sources the kondapur facility is spread in 18000 sq feet. Hyderabad facility is the company's largest centre outside its headquarters in San Francisco
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'
- Bill and Melinda participated in the agriculture hackathon at Vizag
- Kamal Haasan gives back all the donations he received from fans - Says fans provided Rs.30 Crores