Amaravati sources have reported that the winter session of Andhra Pradesh State Legislative Assembly and Council commenced on Friday, November 10, without the Opposition YSR Congress party sitting in the House. YSRCP decided to boycott the entire winter session to mark its protest against inaction by the Speaker against the 21 defected MLAs in the state.
Meanwhile it may be recalled here that the ruling TDP has lured 21 MLAs elected on YSRCP ticket in 2014 elections into its fold and no action has been taken by the Speaker K. Sivaprasad despite repeated demands from the Opposition to disqualify them. Further the winter session is likely to be held for 7-10 days. The state government is planning to introduce three important Bills during the session.
Moreover with no Opposition in the Assembly, the
ruling TDP government will take up the role of the Opposition and has decided
to discuss at least 10 issues every day and raise 200 questions in 10 days.
Accordingly tight security has been tightened in around the Assembly premises
with 1,000 police officials deployed in this regard while 400 police personnel
stationed at check-posts on six roads leading to Assembly.
#GujaratVerdict #HimachalPradesh #ElectionResults - LIVE UPDATES - BJP 96, Congress 82 in Gujarat The Counting of votes for the results of Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh elections will begin shortly. BJP has the muscle in Gujarat elections and they are looking to get their 6th straight term win on their soil while Congress is looking to surprise the opposition after a long span of 22 years.
- All those wives of H1B Visa Holders, You're in some Big Trouble!
- "If she is Jayalalitha's Daughter, she can rule Tamil Nadu..."
- CBI booked accused for cheating, forgery and criminal misconduct of SBI
- 14 officers of the Indian Navy and Coast Guard awarded their 'Flying Brevets'
- YSRCP President's greatest achievement in his Yatra
- Congress takes Lead in Gujarat Elections - Can Rahul Gandhi make History?
- Political Leaders shouldn't develop vengeance among them
- Young leader Rahul Gandhi needs only young leaders for Congress
- Owaisi senior stated Hindus and Muslims are living in religious harmony since Qutub Shahi ages
- Roja's comments on Pawan, Ganesh invited huge flak from Pawan's fans
- Will Soniya Gandhi retire from politics?
- Will Polavaram project get approval from Center?
- YS Jagan demands when the CM will honor his words of shutting down illegal liquor outlets
- M. Mukesh Goud all set to quit Congress and joins the ruling TRS
- Telangana keen to have a partnership with Israel in cyber security and world-class robust architecture