According to sources if Indian NRIs living out of the country cast their vote in the general election, certainly the polling percentage will top statistics. But, in the past, no attempts were made to bring up a constitutional bill that can help non-resident Indians cast their vote either through postal or e-ballot. Currently Narendra Modi-led BJP government is expected to make changes to election bill so that NRIs too can participate in the voting.
Meanwhile the union government on Friday sought some time from apex court saying that 'a bill in this regard will pass in the coming winter session of parliament.' Moreover following the Centre's request, Supreme Court bench comprising the Chief Justice Deepak Mishra, Justice D.Y Chandrachud & Justice A.M Khanwilkar adjourned voting rights petition by 12 weeks.
It means, we can likely see non resident
Indians voting in India very soon. Experts tell that this constitutional
amendment will extensively benefit Modi in the coming polls. Earlier in the past, attorney general KK Venugopal advocated the petition by saying that
'until an amendment is made to constitution, NRIs cannot cast their vote for an
election in India.'
Kamal Haasan gives back all the donations he received from fans - Says fans provided Rs.30 Crores Kamal Haasan was expected to start a Political party very soon and there have been lots of talks regarding that for past few weeks. Even the actor said he is in politics but he will make a decision about starting a Political party soon.
- Hyderabad's Jubilee Hills felt mild tremors
- Will KTR share Telangana learning experience with Delhi?
- Patanjali Food Park coming soon to Telengana
- Wake Up People... This is how Restaurants cheat you with old GST rates and make you blame the Government
- A Porn Star is ready to stand against Donald Trump in 2020 Elections
- If Bindhi and Sindoor can be given GST exemption, then why not for Sanitary Napkins?
- "I am not Embarrassed of the 3 Sex Videos leaked..." says Hardik Patel
- We will cut Deepika's nose for spoiling our culture says Karni Sena
- Camel meat of 2 Tons caught when being transported to Hyderabad
- PayTM may be used to pay Traffic Chellans in Hyderabad
- Will TRS prove a point to Congress & Revanth?
- When will Polavaram project deadlock come to an end?
- IndiGo flight 6E-742 from Visakhapatnam to Hyderabad struck a wandering wild boar on the runway during take-off
- Telangana Intermediate Exam postponed to February 2018
- People, Becareful while purchasing goods and paying bills - Check the GST for lower percentage