Chennai sources have reported that the Income Tax officials say they have found Rs.1,430 crore in undeclared income in raids on Jaya TV and family members of jailed AIADMK party leader VK Sasikala including brother VK Divakaran. Meanwhile authorities also said Rs. 7 crore in cash and Rs. 5 crore worth of gold and a huge collection of diamond jewellery the value of which is yet to be assessed have been recovered. Specialist diamond assessors have been summoned to evaluate the haul.
Moreover at the end of the five day search, a senior officer told, "The extent of unaccounted income will definitely be much higher than Rs. 1,430 crore. There's also evidence of huge amounts parked in several places across the country." Further the officials also said they have identified several shell companies floated by the family members of Ms Sasikala, an aide of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalitha who died last year.
Further they have also found a huge number of incriminating documents which are yet to be studied in detail. Accordingly the Income Tax department however denies any political links and says the raids were part of an operation called "clean money drive". Vijay Jayaraman who is the CEO of Jaya TV met the press and said, "This is just a Government driven operation and there are no political inhibitions. We have submitted all documents and we are clean." He never answered any questions from the media. Now, the big question is, if he says clean, what about the undeclared assets said by IT officials?
Kamal Haasan gives back all the donations he received from fans - Says fans provided Rs.30 Crores Kamal Haasan was expected to start a Political party very soon and there have been lots of talks regarding that for past few weeks. Even the actor said he is in politics but he will make a decision about starting a Political party soon.
- Hyderabad's Jubilee Hills felt mild tremors
- Will KTR share Telangana learning experience with Delhi?
- Patanjali Food Park coming soon to Telengana
- Wake Up People... This is how Restaurants cheat you with old GST rates and make you blame the Government
- A Porn Star is ready to stand against Donald Trump in 2020 Elections
- If Bindhi and Sindoor can be given GST exemption, then why not for Sanitary Napkins?
- "I am not Embarrassed of the 3 Sex Videos leaked..." says Hardik Patel
- We will cut Deepika's nose for spoiling our culture says Karni Sena
- Camel meat of 2 Tons caught when being transported to Hyderabad
- PayTM may be used to pay Traffic Chellans in Hyderabad
- Will TRS prove a point to Congress & Revanth?
- When will Polavaram project deadlock come to an end?
- IndiGo flight 6E-742 from Visakhapatnam to Hyderabad struck a wandering wild boar on the runway during take-off
- Telangana Intermediate Exam postponed to February 2018
- People, Becareful while purchasing goods and paying bills - Check the GST for lower percentage