Hyderabad Metro Rail Ltd (HMRL) Managing Director N V S Reddy told Hyderabad Metro Rail has received an overwhelming response with over two lakh passengers travelling on the opening day of its commercial operations. "On day one of the metro service, over two lakh passengers traveled and it was a record. The turnout was much beyond our expectation”.
Hyderabad Metro Rail Project, touted as the world's largest public-private partnership of its kind, commenced its commercial operations on Thursday between Miyapur and Nagole, where a total distance of around 30 kms, covering 24 stations.
Moreover Rao requested the Hyderabad
Police, HMRL and L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Ltd to stay on high alert to
manage the crowd. HMRL said that 546 security personnel from private security
service agencies are manning the Metro stations on the Miyapur and Nagole
stretch, and they are working under three police officials per station in each
shift. Currently Telangana Municipal Administration and
Urban Development Minister K T Rama Rao have called upon the authorities to
take precautionary measures to manage the crowd.
Will Polavaram project get approval from Center? Andhra Pradesh sources have stated that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu got a shock from the Centre on the state's most ambitious Polavaram project. The state government had sent a report to the Central Water Commission quoting an estimated cost of Rs 58,319 crore for the project.
- YS Jagan demands when the CM will honor his words of shutting down illegal liquor outlets
- M. Mukesh Goud all set to quit Congress and joins the ruling TRS
- Telangana keen to have a partnership with Israel in cyber security and world-class robust architecture
- Tamilnadu governor entered Bathroom as a lady panics and runs out
- M.tech, B.Pharm admission opens now in Gitam University
- Special invitation for World Telugu Conference to Tollywood stars
- WATCH VIDEO: World's Longest Noodles is Here !!
- March 31, 2018 is the Last Date for linking Aadhar with schemes
- Fina a Beggar and get Rs.500 as Reward - Telangana people, Hurry!
- Telugu is the Most spoken language in India - It Ranks... 'This' particular spot
- Revanth shouldn't forget that he is now in Congress
- Nara Lokesh's greatest achievement for the state
- WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse?
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad