New Delhi sources have added that Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar had stoked a controversy when he invoked the rulers of the Mughal dynasty in the election of Rahul Gandhi as party President, which Prime Minister Narendra Modi latched on to quickly to call it "Aurangzeb Raj".
Aiyar said, retorting to the "dynasty" jibes of the BJP on Rahul Gandhi's election "When Shah Jahan came in the place of Jahangir did any election happen? And when Aurangzeb came in place of Shah Jahan did any election happen? It was known to everyone that the throne of the king will automatically go to the heir”.
Aiyar said "But in a democracy elections are
held he openly invited Poonawala to file the nomination and contest,"
adding has anyone heard of Shehzad Poonawala. He was replying to a question
about BJP's criticism following Maharashtra Congress leader Poonawala calling
Rahul Gandhi's election as party chief rigged. Meanwhile Modi was quick to
pounce on Aiyar's remarks while addressing a public meeting in Dharampur
constituency in Gujarat.
Will Polavaram project get approval from Center? Andhra Pradesh sources have stated that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu got a shock from the Centre on the state's most ambitious Polavaram project. The state government had sent a report to the Central Water Commission quoting an estimated cost of Rs 58,319 crore for the project.
- YS Jagan demands when the CM will honor his words of shutting down illegal liquor outlets
- M. Mukesh Goud all set to quit Congress and joins the ruling TRS
- Telangana keen to have a partnership with Israel in cyber security and world-class robust architecture
- Tamilnadu governor entered Bathroom as a lady panics and runs out
- M.tech, B.Pharm admission opens now in Gitam University
- Special invitation for World Telugu Conference to Tollywood stars
- WATCH VIDEO: World's Longest Noodles is Here !!
- March 31, 2018 is the Last Date for linking Aadhar with schemes
- Fina a Beggar and get Rs.500 as Reward - Telangana people, Hurry!
- Telugu is the Most spoken language in India - It Ranks... 'This' particular spot
- Revanth shouldn't forget that he is now in Congress
- Nara Lokesh's greatest achievement for the state
- WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse?
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad