Masi Magam comes in the Tamil month of Masi (February - March), which is a very auspicious day. It is a very important day and Tamilians around the world celebrate this festival. Magam, is one among the twenty seven stars (Nakshatras) in the Hindu astrological system called constellation. It is one of the most favorable times for spiritual purification.
This day is one of the most powerful Full Moons of the full year, since the moon aligns with Magha which is the birth Star of the Kings and Ancestors. This coincidence only occurs only once a year and signifies the descent of heavenly beings to the earth plane. The divine beings appear in the astral form to purify their own karma as well as the karma of the human race.
Masi Magam combines the benefits of abundance and prosperity associated with the Full Moon and the majestic quality of the Magha star, offering a unique opportunity to gain power and energy. Masi Magam is the most appropriate time to destroy our ego and surrender ourselves at the feet of the divine.
The main feature of the festival is the ritual bath given to the deities in the waters of 'Theerthavari' or Bay of Bengal. Early in the morning, a big colorful procession of devotees with the deities is organized from the temple to the sea shore, with the accompaniment of the auspicious Nadhaswaram,a non-brass acoustic South Indian instrument Temple idols, especially those of Lord Shiva, Shakti, and Lord Vishnu, are given a ceremonial bath in the waters of Theerthavari.
Significance of Durga Ashtami 2017 Several special rituals take place on the day of Ashtami, like the famous 'Astra Puja', which is a custom to worship Goddess Durga's weapons with which she defeated the powerful buffalo demon Mahisasura. It is said that it was on the day of Ashtami, after a long drawn battle between Goddess Durga and Mahishasura, Goddess Kali appeared from Durga's forehead to annihilate Mahishasura's demons Chanda, Munda and Rakthabija.
- Home without Tulsi plant is incomplete
- Worshiping Hindu God's Day wise is special
- Shirdi airport set for take-off on October 1, three airlines to begin ops
- Significance of Mahalaya Amavasya or Pitru Pakha
- Spiritual lesson about Navaratri festival in India
- Have you ever read these Western philosophers A must read
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Some interesting facts about Lord Ganesha
- Happy Ganesh Chaturthi ! Some facts you must know to celebrate the festival
- SPIRITUALITY : How to pray Lord Ganesha for better income?
- How to impress Ganesha on this Ganesh Chathurthi day??
- Eco-friendly Clay Ganesha Idols at Hyderabad
- 108 names of Lord Ganesha - Sri Ganapathay Ashtothram
- 23.08.2017 : TODAY TIRUMALA STATUS
- Today Tirumala Status - 16.08.2017