The moon is growing after the new moon day. One is not able to see the 2nd kalai of the moon as it is so thin, but can view the 3rd.' There is a great tatwartha on seeing the 3rd day waxing crescent moon. It is visible in the western sky after sunset for a brief period only. Also the sky should be clear without clouds.
Chandra is the lord of the mind. Like waxing and waning of moon mind is also having oscillations with up and down. Seeing Chandra on Chandra Darshan is similar to seeing Jothi on Sabari Mountain. Jothi swarupa God is represented by this Chandra Darshan. Lord Shiva has this crescent moon on his head.
Without seeing the 3rd phase of the moon, seeing the 4th
phase moon (the next day) is inauspicious the 4th day. Darshan of 3rd day
waxing crescent moon is very old custom and this is available in ancient Tamil
Sangam literature. Agananooru, Maduraikanji and Kurunthogai had verses on this
'Auspicious Moon Seeing' (Chandra Darshan').
In an ancient temple, a number of pigeons lived happily on roof top In an ancient temple, a number of pigeons lived happily on roof top. When the renovation of the temple began for the annual temple feast the pigeons relocated themselves to a Church nearby. The existing pigeons in the Church accommodated the new comers very well.Christmas was nearing and the Church was given a facelift, All the pigeons had to move out and look for another place.
- Hindi God as Guru is Dakshinamurthy for all types of knowledge
- What is special about EASTER???
- What GOOD FRIDAY means??
- Tamil New Year - 2017 its significance
- Hanumaan is still alive PROOF INSIDE!!
- The Lord is MIGHTIEST,BIGGEST and POWERFUL
- Faith and obedience in the Lord are the keys to success
- Photo Feature: Renovated Shrine At Jesus's Tomb Unveiled
- Ugadi Special: Significance and importance
- Amazing facts about Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam-Unbelievable!!!!!
- Krishna Janmashtami special
- Krishna: The God of Love, Yoga
- Singing Bhajans is not a waste of time
- Brihadeeshwara Temple - It's Shadow disappears in noon
- When is the auspicious time to worship Holika Dahan