The moon is growing after the new moon day. One is not able to see the 2nd kalai of the moon as it is so thin, but can view the 3rd.' There is a great tatwartha on seeing the 3rd day waxing crescent moon. It is visible in the western sky after sunset for a brief period only. Also the sky should be clear without clouds.
Chandra is the lord of the mind. Like waxing and waning of moon mind is also having oscillations with up and down. Seeing Chandra on Chandra Darshan is similar to seeing Jothi on Sabari Mountain. Jothi swarupa God is represented by this Chandra Darshan. Lord Shiva has this crescent moon on his head.
Without seeing the 3rd phase of the moon, seeing the 4th
phase moon (the next day) is inauspicious the 4th day. Darshan of 3rd day
waxing crescent moon is very old custom and this is available in ancient Tamil
Sangam literature. Agananooru, Maduraikanji and Kurunthogai had verses on this
'Auspicious Moon Seeing' (Chandra Darshan').
Krishna: The God of Love, Yoga Krishna is, like in any religion, a character or a symbol that has many different aspects, different meanings, different levels of importance and different interpretations. Of course, over the centuries, the character of Krishna has been understood by people at many different levels, some accurate, some inaccurate.
- Singing Bhajans is not a waste of time
- Largest Hindu Temples of Tamilnadu
- Brihadeeshwara Temple - It's Shadow disappears in noon
- When is the auspicious time to worship Holika Dahan
- Chandra Darshan or Moondraam Pirai
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Friday,the day for Goddess Durham
- Significance of Masi Magam
- Why is Brahma not worshiped?
- Home without Tulsi plant is incomplete
- The ALMIGHTY creates problems to show the way:
- Goddess of Victory of Good over Evil is Goddess Durga (Spiritual)
- Why Idols are worshiped in Hindu way of life? (Spiritual)
- Shocking Science behind Hindu Temple
- Bhagwan Dattatreya’s Significance