The moon is growing after the new moon day. One is not able to see the 2nd kalai of the moon as it is so thin, but can view the 3rd.' There is a great tatwartha on seeing the 3rd day waxing crescent moon. It is visible in the western sky after sunset for a brief period only. Also the sky should be clear without clouds.
Chandra is the lord of the mind. Like waxing and waning of moon mind is also having oscillations with up and down. Seeing Chandra on Chandra Darshan is similar to seeing Jothi on Sabari Mountain. Jothi swarupa God is represented by this Chandra Darshan. Lord Shiva has this crescent moon on his head.
Without seeing the 3rd phase of the moon, seeing the 4th
phase moon (the next day) is inauspicious the 4th day. Darshan of 3rd day
waxing crescent moon is very old custom and this is available in ancient Tamil
Sangam literature. Agananooru, Maduraikanji and Kurunthogai had verses on this
'Auspicious Moon Seeing' (Chandra Darshan').
All about Hindu God Dhakshinamurthy Dhakshinamurthy is an aspect of the Hindu god Shiva as a guru (teacher) of all types of knowledge. This aspect of Shiva is his personification as the supreme or the ultimate awareness, understanding, and knowledge. This form represents Shiva as a teacher of yoga, music, and wisdom, and giving exposition on the shastras. He is worshiped as the god of wisdom, complete and rewarding meditation.
- Epics of India: Where was america and other countries when Ramayana and Mahabharata was happening in India?
- Adi Parasakthi powerful Hindu Goddess
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Scientific reasons behind wearing toe rings
- MUST VISIT CHURCHES in INDIA!!
- How to do Pooja at home?
- Specialty of Festival Aadi Amaavaasya
- Science behind wearing Mangalsutra
- Men marrying women with these characteristics are lucky as per Hinduism
- What are Amavasya and Purnima?
- Divine festivals of Aani
- Goddess month of Tamil month AADI and its significance
- Amazing details about Vaigasi Visagam
- Significance of Amavasya festival in Hinduism
- Shiva the Final God in this world