Thanjavur Brihadeeswara temple is one of the most ancient temples, situated in the city of Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu, India. Thanjavur named after the legendary asura "Tanjan", is one of the ancient temples in India. In ancient days, Thanjavur known as “The rice bowl of Tamil Nadu,” was an important city to the ancient Cholas.
The most interesting part of this temple is the shadow of the temple, which surprisingly never falls on the ground at noon. The Brihadeshwar Temple is one of the tallest temples in the world and is so designed that the viman does not cast a shadow at noon during any part of the year.
At the entrance of sanctum sanctum, one
can see the two idols of Ganesha in the corridor. On taping the two, you
will feel the sound traveling through stone in one idol and through metal on
The main hall of the temple is said to have been used by the dancers and musicians performing in service of Shiva.
Significance of Durga Ashtami 2017 Several special rituals take place on the day of Ashtami, like the famous 'Astra Puja', which is a custom to worship Goddess Durga's weapons with which she defeated the powerful buffalo demon Mahisasura. It is said that it was on the day of Ashtami, after a long drawn battle between Goddess Durga and Mahishasura, Goddess Kali appeared from Durga's forehead to annihilate Mahishasura's demons Chanda, Munda and Rakthabija.
- Home without Tulsi plant is incomplete
- Worshiping Hindu God's Day wise is special
- Shirdi airport set for take-off on October 1, three airlines to begin ops
- Significance of Mahalaya Amavasya or Pitru Pakha
- Spiritual lesson about Navaratri festival in India
- Have you ever read these Western philosophers A must read
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Some interesting facts about Lord Ganesha
- Happy Ganesh Chaturthi ! Some facts you must know to celebrate the festival
- SPIRITUALITY : How to pray Lord Ganesha for better income?
- How to impress Ganesha on this Ganesh Chathurthi day??
- Eco-friendly Clay Ganesha Idols at Hyderabad
- 108 names of Lord Ganesha - Sri Ganapathay Ashtothram
- 23.08.2017 : TODAY TIRUMALA STATUS
- Today Tirumala Status - 16.08.2017