Thanjavur Brihadeeswara temple is one of the most ancient temples, situated in the city of Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu, India. Thanjavur named after the legendary asura "Tanjan", is one of the ancient temples in India. In ancient days, Thanjavur known as “The rice bowl of Tamil Nadu,” was an important city to the ancient Cholas.
The most interesting part of this temple is the shadow of the temple, which surprisingly never falls on the ground at noon. The Brihadeshwar Temple is one of the tallest temples in the world and is so designed that the viman does not cast a shadow at noon during any part of the year.
At the entrance of sanctum sanctum, one
can see the two idols of Ganesha in the corridor. On taping the two, you
will feel the sound traveling through stone in one idol and through metal on
The main hall of the temple is said to have been used by the dancers and musicians performing in service of Shiva.
All about Hindu God Dhakshinamurthy Dhakshinamurthy is an aspect of the Hindu god Shiva as a guru (teacher) of all types of knowledge. This aspect of Shiva is his personification as the supreme or the ultimate awareness, understanding, and knowledge. This form represents Shiva as a teacher of yoga, music, and wisdom, and giving exposition on the shastras. He is worshiped as the god of wisdom, complete and rewarding meditation.
- Epics of India: Where was america and other countries when Ramayana and Mahabharata was happening in India?
- Adi Parasakthi powerful Hindu Goddess
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Scientific reasons behind wearing toe rings
- MUST VISIT CHURCHES in INDIA!!
- How to do Pooja at home?
- Specialty of Festival Aadi Amaavaasya
- Science behind wearing Mangalsutra
- Men marrying women with these characteristics are lucky as per Hinduism
- What are Amavasya and Purnima?
- Divine festivals of Aani
- Goddess month of Tamil month AADI and its significance
- Amazing details about Vaigasi Visagam
- Significance of Amavasya festival in Hinduism
- Shiva the Final God in this world