Good Friday is not a day of celebration for Christians .Its is on that day our Lord Jesus Christ had a horrendous journey to be hung on cross for nearly 6 hours.It is considered holy to meditate on the pain that Jesus underwent on the cross.The words that he spoke on the cross are preached as the sermon on that day.But why did this horrible blood shed day get its name as Good Friday.It actually means holy in one sense.In other sense, people call it good because he died on the cross just to save mankind from evil.
Jesus' death means we have a chance of everlasting salvation – and for the faithful that is a very good thing indeed.To mark the bitter-sweet significance of Good Friday, not only is it a bank holiday in many countries across the world, but in the Catholic Church in particular, it is a day of fasting.
What in particular should be fasted however, is meat. As one Catholic said to me: "Because Christ sacrificed His flesh on Good Friday, we abstain from eating flesh." This is why many people eat fish on Good Friday instead.
Worshiping Hindu God's Day wise is special In Hindu mythology, every day of the week is dedicated to one particular god. Devotees who believe in god worship particular lords every day. So, if you want to worship all avatras and forms of god in particular, you get one whole day to shower your devotion to the god. In short, every day of the week is dedicated to a particular god. For example, Monday is a day which is devoted to Lord Shiva. Tuesday is the day to worship Lord Hanuman, Wednesday to Lord Ganesha etc.
- Lesser known facts about Goddess Saraswathi
- How to Meditate: Simple Meditation for Beginners
- Is Shani God your Friend or Foe?
- Do you know about auspicious Tamil Month Karthigai?
- Krishna Janmashtami special Importance
- How to lead a Better than, than Bitter life?
- Aippasi, Tamil month full of Festivals and Weddings
- What are Amavasya and Purnima?
- Should we be Spiritual in these days?
- All you need to know about Tirupati Temple
- All you need to know about Krishna Janmashtami
- What are all the rituals done during Kanda Sashti?
- Naga Chaturthi - The Festival Story and why is it celebrated?
- Follow these simple tips for a Happy and Safe Diwali
- The Festival of Lights - All the Joy and the Happiness!