Good Friday is not a day of celebration for Christians .Its is on that day our Lord Jesus Christ had a horrendous journey to be hung on cross for nearly 6 hours.It is considered holy to meditate on the pain that Jesus underwent on the cross.The words that he spoke on the cross are preached as the sermon on that day.But why did this horrible blood shed day get its name as Good Friday.It actually means holy in one sense.In other sense, people call it good because he died on the cross just to save mankind from evil.
Jesus' death means we have a chance of everlasting salvation – and for the faithful that is a very good thing indeed.To mark the bitter-sweet significance of Good Friday, not only is it a bank holiday in many countries across the world, but in the Catholic Church in particular, it is a day of fasting.
What in particular should be fasted however, is meat. As one Catholic said to me: "Because Christ sacrificed His flesh on Good Friday, we abstain from eating flesh." This is why many people eat fish on Good Friday instead.
How to praise and worship the Lord Jesus?? Worship through praising is an important element to honour the Lord Almighty.There are different means trough which we can honour the Lord.Through songs, clapping hands , praising the lord with the thankful heart and much more.According to Bible, the great King David danced in the streets leaving his prstige status aside just for the purpose to honour the Lord.This is what god expects from us too.
- In an ancient temple, a number of pigeons lived happily on roof top
- Hindi God as Guru is Dakshinamurthy for all types of knowledge
- What is special about EASTER???
- What GOOD FRIDAY means??
- Tamil New Year - 2017 its significance
- Hanumaan is still alive PROOF INSIDE!!
- The Lord is MIGHTIEST,BIGGEST and POWERFUL
- Faith and obedience in the Lord are the keys to success
- Photo Feature: Renovated Shrine At Jesus's Tomb Unveiled
- Ugadi Special: Significance and importance
- Amazing facts about Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam-Unbelievable!!!!!
- Krishna Janmashtami special
- Krishna: The God of Love, Yoga
- Singing Bhajans is not a waste of time
- Largest Hindu Temples of Tamilnadu