Good Friday is not a day of celebration for Christians .Its is on that day our Lord Jesus Christ had a horrendous journey to be hung on cross for nearly 6 hours.It is considered holy to meditate on the pain that Jesus underwent on the cross.The words that he spoke on the cross are preached as the sermon on that day.But why did this horrible blood shed day get its name as Good Friday.It actually means holy in one sense.In other sense, people call it good because he died on the cross just to save mankind from evil.
Jesus' death means we have a chance of everlasting salvation – and for the faithful that is a very good thing indeed.To mark the bitter-sweet significance of Good Friday, not only is it a bank holiday in many countries across the world, but in the Catholic Church in particular, it is a day of fasting.
What in particular should be fasted however, is meat. As one Catholic said to me: "Because Christ sacrificed His flesh on Good Friday, we abstain from eating flesh." This is why many people eat fish on Good Friday instead.
All about Hindu God Dhakshinamurthy Dhakshinamurthy is an aspect of the Hindu god Shiva as a guru (teacher) of all types of knowledge. This aspect of Shiva is his personification as the supreme or the ultimate awareness, understanding, and knowledge. This form represents Shiva as a teacher of yoga, music, and wisdom, and giving exposition on the shastras. He is worshiped as the god of wisdom, complete and rewarding meditation.
- Epics of India: Where was america and other countries when Ramayana and Mahabharata was happening in India?
- Adi Parasakthi powerful Hindu Goddess
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Scientific reasons behind wearing toe rings
- MUST VISIT CHURCHES in INDIA!!
- How to do Pooja at home?
- Specialty of Festival Aadi Amaavaasya
- Science behind wearing Mangalsutra
- Men marrying women with these characteristics are lucky as per Hinduism
- What are Amavasya and Purnima?
- Divine festivals of Aani
- Goddess month of Tamil month AADI and its significance
- Amazing details about Vaigasi Visagam
- Significance of Amavasya festival in Hinduism
- Shiva the Final God in this world