Most of us would remember that our grandparents use to get up early in the morning and offer water to Sun, also known as sun salutation. It is believed that offering water to the Sun in the wee hours of morning provides you with positive energy and makes your day better. According to Hindu mythology, the sun is called the soul of the universe. It is believed that brightness of the sun gives knowledge, shows us the right path and speeds us up.
As per the ancient Hindu scriptures, sun worshiping leads to many miraculous benefits. There are also specific measures described to worship the sun in various scriptures. It is also believed that regular offering of water to the sun makes your disciplined and maintains the body, mind and spirit balance.
Wear clean clothes after the morning shower. Fill
fresh water in a copper container. Add Ashtagandh, red flowers and Akshat in
the water and chant this mantra: ऊँ सूर्याय नम:
While chanting the mantra, offer the holy water to the sun. Offering Arghya to
the sun gives you mental, physical and practical endurance that overcomes every
It also makes one fearless and heroic. Sun worshipping makes one a scholar, master of pithy with effective voice and intelligent. If you regularly worship the sun, it removes ego, anger, greed, desire and evil thoughts from a person's mind. The sun's heat is almost unbearable after the wee hours of a morning. It's natural for the devotee's to comfortably worship and hence morning is considered as the best time to offer water to the sun.
Today Tirumala Status - 16.08.2017 ABOUT 50,756 PILGRIMS HAD DARSHAN FROM 3 AM TO 6 PM ON AUGUST 16. CURRENT SITUATION: SARVADARSHAN: AMONG 31 COMPARTMENTS 27 ARE FULL IN VQC-II AND WAITING WITH 8-10 Hrs FOOT PATH (Divya) DARSHAN: DIRECT (SLOT WISE) DARSHAN THROUGH VQC-I WITH OUT WAITING AND LIMITED TO *20,000*DEVOTEES ONLY - PER DAY SRIVARI HUNDI
- All about Hindu God Dhakshinamurthy
- Epics of India: Where was america and other countries when Ramayana and Mahabharata was happening in India?
- Adi Parasakthi powerful Hindu Goddess
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Scientific reasons behind wearing toe rings
- MUST VISIT CHURCHES in INDIA!!
- How to do Pooja at home?
- Specialty of Festival Aadi Amaavaasya
- Science behind wearing Mangalsutra
- Men marrying women with these characteristics are lucky as per Hinduism
- What are Amavasya and Purnima?
- Divine festivals of Aani
- Goddess month of Tamil month AADI and its significance
- Amazing details about Vaigasi Visagam
- Significance of Amavasya festival in Hinduism