Most of us would remember that our grandparents use to get up early in the morning and offer water to Sun, also known as sun salutation. It is believed that offering water to the Sun in the wee hours of morning provides you with positive energy and makes your day better. According to Hindu mythology, the sun is called the soul of the universe. It is believed that brightness of the sun gives knowledge, shows us the right path and speeds us up.
As per the ancient Hindu scriptures, sun worshiping leads to many miraculous benefits. There are also specific measures described to worship the sun in various scriptures. It is also believed that regular offering of water to the sun makes your disciplined and maintains the body, mind and spirit balance.
Wear clean clothes after the morning shower. Fill
fresh water in a copper container. Add Ashtagandh, red flowers and Akshat in
the water and chant this mantra: ऊँ सूर्याय नम:
While chanting the mantra, offer the holy water to the sun. Offering Arghya to
the sun gives you mental, physical and practical endurance that overcomes every
It also makes one fearless and heroic. Sun worshipping makes one a scholar, master of pithy with effective voice and intelligent. If you regularly worship the sun, it removes ego, anger, greed, desire and evil thoughts from a person's mind. The sun's heat is almost unbearable after the wee hours of a morning. It's natural for the devotee's to comfortably worship and hence morning is considered as the best time to offer water to the sun.
Significance of Durga Ashtami 2017 Several special rituals take place on the day of Ashtami, like the famous 'Astra Puja', which is a custom to worship Goddess Durga's weapons with which she defeated the powerful buffalo demon Mahisasura. It is said that it was on the day of Ashtami, after a long drawn battle between Goddess Durga and Mahishasura, Goddess Kali appeared from Durga's forehead to annihilate Mahishasura's demons Chanda, Munda and Rakthabija.
- Home without Tulsi plant is incomplete
- Worshiping Hindu God's Day wise is special
- Shirdi airport set for take-off on October 1, three airlines to begin ops
- Significance of Mahalaya Amavasya or Pitru Pakha
- Spiritual lesson about Navaratri festival in India
- Have you ever read these Western philosophers A must read
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Some interesting facts about Lord Ganesha
- Happy Ganesh Chaturthi ! Some facts you must know to celebrate the festival
- SPIRITUALITY : How to pray Lord Ganesha for better income?
- How to impress Ganesha on this Ganesh Chathurthi day??
- Eco-friendly Clay Ganesha Idols at Hyderabad
- 108 names of Lord Ganesha - Sri Ganapathay Ashtothram
- 23.08.2017 : TODAY TIRUMALA STATUS
- Today Tirumala Status - 16.08.2017