Most of us would remember that our grandparents use to get up early in the morning and offer water to Sun, also known as sun salutation. It is believed that offering water to the Sun in the wee hours of morning provides you with positive energy and makes your day better. According to Hindu mythology, the sun is called the soul of the universe. It is believed that brightness of the sun gives knowledge, shows us the right path and speeds us up.
As per the ancient Hindu scriptures, sun worshiping leads to many miraculous benefits. There are also specific measures described to worship the sun in various scriptures. It is also believed that regular offering of water to the sun makes your disciplined and maintains the body, mind and spirit balance.
Wear clean clothes after the morning shower. Fill
fresh water in a copper container. Add Ashtagandh, red flowers and Akshat in
the water and chant this mantra: ऊँ सूर्याय नम:
While chanting the mantra, offer the holy water to the sun. Offering Arghya to
the sun gives you mental, physical and practical endurance that overcomes every
It also makes one fearless and heroic. Sun worshipping makes one a scholar, master of pithy with effective voice and intelligent. If you regularly worship the sun, it removes ego, anger, greed, desire and evil thoughts from a person's mind. The sun's heat is almost unbearable after the wee hours of a morning. It's natural for the devotee's to comfortably worship and hence morning is considered as the best time to offer water to the sun.
Worshiping Hindu God's Day wise is special In Hindu mythology, every day of the week is dedicated to one particular god. Devotees who believe in god worship particular lords every day. So, if you want to worship all avatras and forms of god in particular, you get one whole day to shower your devotion to the god. In short, every day of the week is dedicated to a particular god. For example, Monday is a day which is devoted to Lord Shiva. Tuesday is the day to worship Lord Hanuman, Wednesday to Lord Ganesha etc.
- Lesser known facts about Goddess Saraswathi
- How to Meditate: Simple Meditation for Beginners
- Is Shani God your Friend or Foe?
- Do you know about auspicious Tamil Month Karthigai?
- Krishna Janmashtami special Importance
- How to lead a Better than, than Bitter life?
- Aippasi, Tamil month full of Festivals and Weddings
- What are Amavasya and Purnima?
- Should we be Spiritual in these days?
- All you need to know about Tirupati Temple
- All you need to know about Krishna Janmashtami
- What are all the rituals done during Kanda Sashti?
- Naga Chaturthi - The Festival Story and why is it celebrated?
- Follow these simple tips for a Happy and Safe Diwali
- The Festival of Lights - All the Joy and the Happiness!