In Hindu mythology, every day of the week is dedicated to one particular god. Devotees who believe in god worship particular lords every day. So, if you want to worship all avatras and forms of god in particular, you get one whole day to shower your devotion to the god! In short, every day of the week is dedicated to a particular god. For example, Monday is a day which is devoted to Lord Shiva. Tuesday is the day to worship Lord Hanuman, Wednesday to Lord Ganesha etc.
Monday: Lord Shiva
You will see immense crowd in Shiva temples especially on Mondays. This is because it is the day to worship the Neelkanth. Offer milk, rice and sugar to Lord Shiva.
Tuesday: Lord Hanuman
The Monkey God is worshiped on Tuesdays. He is considered as the the lord of strength, and is considered as an incarnation of Lord Shiva.
Wednesday: Lord Ganesha
He is the remover of all obstacles and Wednesday is the best day to worship Him.
Thursday: Lord Vishnu
Lord Vishnu is worshiped on Thursdays. It is also a day to worship Vishnu's wife, Goddess Lakshmi. It is said that Thursday is an auspicious day to worship the Lords of fortune and wealth.
Friday: Goddess Durga
Goddess Durga and her avatars are worshiped on Friday. It can also be considered as a day to worship all the avatars of God in unison.
Saturday: Shani Dev
Saturday is also associated with Saturn which is ruled by Shani Dev. On Saturdays, Shani Dev, Lord Hanuman and Goddess Kali are worshiped by devotees.
Sunday: Surya Dev
The Lord of fame and the chief of the Navagraha is worshiped on Sunday. Make sure you offer water to the sun, and chant the Gayatri Mantra on Sunday morning.
Science behind wearing Mangalsutra As per Hindu Dharma, Mangalsutra is an ornament of a woman denoting her marital status. Each person makes a Mangalsutra for the bride as per his capacity. If it is not possible to make a Mangalsutra with a cord of gold or silver, they make it by stringing black beads in a thread. In the center of the Mangalsutra there are two cups. The cups should be round and there should be no design on its front. This structure is associated with the Energy of Knowledge.
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Worshiping Hindu God's Day wise is special
- Lesser known facts about Goddess Saraswathi
- How to Meditate: Simple Meditation for Beginners
- Is Shani God your Friend or Foe?
- Do you know about auspicious Tamil Month Karthigai?
- Krishna Janmashtami special Importance
- How to lead a Better than, than Bitter life?
- Aippasi, Tamil month full of Festivals and Weddings
- What are Amavasya and Purnima?
- Should we be Spiritual in these days?
- All you need to know about Tirupati Temple
- All you need to know about Krishna Janmashtami
- What are all the rituals done during Kanda Sashti?
- Naga Chaturthi - The Festival Story and why is it celebrated?