Valmiki Jayanti is being observed on 5th of October every year. Adi Kavi Maharishi Valmiki is the first Sanskrit Poet in India and he is the great author of 'Ramayana'. Ramayana consists of 24000 verses and 7 cantos. Most of the Hindus firmly believe that Valmiki existed in the same era as Lord Rama.
As per Hindu Lunar calendar, his Jayanti is celebrated on the full moon night in the Hindu month of Ashwina. Ramayana is one of the great epics which is recited by devotees. Valmiki was a highway dacoit in his early stages and then he changed his path after becoming a devotee of Lord Rama.
Now, his birth anniversary is celebrated as Valmiki Jayanti. Devotees will decorate Maharishi Valmiki's temples with flowers and light with deepams. The biggest temple for Valmiki is in Chennai at Tiruvanmiyur. It is 1300 years old and the area itself is called as Valmiki Nagar. There are several preachings of Valmiki and every one of them teaches us devotion and dedication.
Worshiping Lord Shiva the Lord of Power gives us energy The Rudra is the only god who by his infinite powers rules the entire existence and infinite universe. He is the father of Trinity owner of Bramha Vidya. All vedas santana shastras declare unanimously that Shiva is God of all Gods the God of Kaal.
- Among all 12 Months, God resides in the month of Margazhi
- Todays Darshan Details of Lord Balaji at Tirumala
- Importance of Tamil month Margazhi
- Praying God at Brahmamuhurtha will give all powers and Energy
- Significance of Amavasya festival in Hinduism
- Hindi God as Guru is Dakshinamurthy for all types of knowledge
- Why we should visit temple frequently?
- Science behind wearing Mangalsutra