Give and Forgive. It is common practice that everyone forgets and forgives the wrongs done by others during Diwali. There is an air of freedom, festivity, and friendliness everywhere.
Rise and Shine. Waking
up during the Brahmamuhurta (at
4 a.m. or 1 1/2 hours before sunrise) is a great blessing from the
standpoint of health, ethical discipline, efficiency in work, and spiritual
advancement. It is on Deepawali that everyone wakes up early in the morning.
The sages who instituted this custom must have cherished the hope that their
descendants would realize its benefits and make it a regular habit in their
Unite and Unify. Diwali
is a great unifying force and it can soften even the hardest of hearts. It is a
time when you will find people mingling about in joy and embracing one another
with love. Those with keen inner spiritual ears will clearly hear the voice of
the sages, "O Children of God unite, and love all". The vibrations
produced by the greetings of love, which fill the atmosphere, are powerful.
When the heart has considerably hardened, only a continuous celebration of
Deepawali can rekindle the urgent need of turning away from the ruinous path of
Prosper and Progress. On
this day, Hindu merchants in North India open their new account books and pray
for success and prosperity during the coming year. Everyone buys new
clothes for the family. Employers, too, purchase new clothes for their
Worshiping Hindu God's Day wise is special In Hindu mythology, every day of the week is dedicated to one particular god. Devotees who believe in god worship particular lords every day. So, if you want to worship all avatras and forms of god in particular, you get one whole day to shower your devotion to the god. In short, every day of the week is dedicated to a particular god. For example, Monday is a day which is devoted to Lord Shiva. Tuesday is the day to worship Lord Hanuman, Wednesday to Lord Ganesha etc.
- Lesser known facts about Goddess Saraswathi
- How to Meditate: Simple Meditation for Beginners
- Is Shani God your Friend or Foe?
- Do you know about auspicious Tamil Month Karthigai?
- Krishna Janmashtami special Importance
- How to lead a Better than, than Bitter life?
- Aippasi, Tamil month full of Festivals and Weddings
- What are Amavasya and Purnima?
- Should we be Spiritual in these days?
- All you need to know about Tirupati Temple
- All you need to know about Krishna Janmashtami
- What are all the rituals done during Kanda Sashti?
- Naga Chaturthi - The Festival Story and why is it celebrated?
- Follow these simple tips for a Happy and Safe Diwali
- The Festival of Lights - All the Joy and the Happiness!