According to sources Nakshatra during the month of Aippasi, offering rice Annam to Lord Shiva would help yielding good production of crop, economic progress, and development of kingdom (Rajya Abhivruddhi). Hence Annabishekam (special abishekam with cooked rice) is an annual affair during the full moon day of Tamil Month Aippasi, being performed in several Temple.
Today Diwali is celebrated by Hindus, Jains and Sikhs across the globe as the "Festival of Light," in the month of aippasi where the lights or lamps signify victory of good over the evil within every human being. The festival is also celebrated by Buddhists of Nepal, particularly the Newar Buddhists. To have a wealthy and comfortable life, one has to perform Sri Lakshmi Kubera Pooja especially during Deepawali festival days (Amavasya day).
Skanda Sashti is observed on the sixth day of the bright fortnight of the
Tamil month of Aippasi. This day is dedicated to the Lord Subramanya
(Karthikeya), the festival commences six days before the Sashti day and concludes
on the day of the Sashti. The story of Skanda is found among others in the
Kumara Tantra, (kaumaaram) Mahabharatha, Ramayana, and Shiva Purana and is
retold in Kalidasa's Kumara Sambhavam.
Story about broken tusk of Ganesha Ganesha was very happy. His devotees had given him plenty of sweets and he had taken as many as he could and stuffed himself with quiet a lot sweets as he was walking home. Naturally Ganesha was traveling on his vehicle the mouse, and the two of them scurried along, back home.
- Worshiping Hindu God's Day wise is special
- Lesser known facts about Goddess Saraswathi
- How to Meditate: Simple Meditation for Beginners
- Is Shani God your Friend or Foe?
- Do you know about auspicious Tamil Month Karthigai?
- Krishna Janmashtami special Importance
- How to lead a Better than, than Bitter life?
- Aippasi, Tamil month full of Festivals and Weddings
- What are Amavasya and Purnima?
- Should we be Spiritual in these days?
- All you need to know about Tirupati Temple
- All you need to know about Krishna Janmashtami
- What are all the rituals done during Kanda Sashti?
- Naga Chaturthi - The Festival Story and why is it celebrated?
- Follow these simple tips for a Happy and Safe Diwali