In a rare incident father son due scored half century in the same match. Former west Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul and his son Tagenarine Chanderpaul who are representing Guyana in the first class cricket had achieved this feet against Jamaica.
20 years old Tagenarine, who is an opener ,built up 104 run opening partnership with Hetmyer where the junior Chanderpaul scored 58 runs playing 135 deliveries striking 5 fours and a six. After the departure of Hetmyer, Guyana lost 3 quick wickets including that of Tagenarine. And then senior Chanderpaul who made his entry into the field played a steady knock to restore Guyana’s innings. He faced 175 balls to score 57 runs, a single short from his son’s. Shiv stroke 4 fours. Guyana made 262 runs in their first innings.
Shivnarine Chanderpaul, once the pillar of West Indian middle order batting might gone behind the curtain, he is still making strong remarks of his weathered skills in the domestic competitions in Caribbean and to add the spice, Shivnarine’s teenager son Tagenarine is also emerging into the scenario gradually.
Shivnarine Chanderpaul who made his international cricket debut at the age of 19, was the first indo-caribbean to play 100 Tests for the West Indies, and captained them in 14 Tests and 16 One day Internationals. A left-handed batsman, Chanderpaul is well known for his unorthodox batting stance, which has been described as crab-like. He played 164 test matches and scored 11,867 runs. He played his last test match in 2015 against England before announcing his retirement from international cricket in January 2016.
Spinner Kuldeep Yadav with maiden hat-trick as India beat Australia by 50 runs in the second one day international in Kolkata According to sources Left arm spinner Kuldeep Yadav became only the third Indian to take a hat-trick as the hosts demolished Australia by 50 runs in the second ODI on Thursday, continuing their dominating run over the listless visitors. By chasing 253 on a tricky surface, Australia once again had no answer to the guile of wrist spinners Yuzvendra Chahal (2/34) and chinaman Yadav (3/54), who struck at crucial junctures to bundle out the opposition for 202 in 43.1 overs.
- Tendulkar greeted Dhoni for reaching the mark of 100 half centuries
- P V Sindhu, Sameer Verma advanced to the quarter-finals with straight game wins
- India is the first Team to White Wash all 3 formats of the game in a complete Tour
- Kohli wants the athlete to play with him!!
- Anushkaaaaa!!!!Virat with another girl!! Caught in Click!!
- Jose Mourinho confirms Nemanja Matic to Manchester United transfer
- India pile on runs in the first test against Srilanka
- Indian cricket team New Coach Announced officially
- #HappyBirthdayMSD-Top winning moments of Dhoni!!
- This 20-Year-Old Woman Cricketer is the NATIONAL CRUSH of YOUNGSTERS !!
- Indian players not worried about losing ICC Champions Trophy
- Virat is NOW VIRAL!!
- Virat Kohli leading India in his first ICC game as a Captain
- Warne challenged Ganguly to a bet
- COA wants Kumble to continue as Indian Coach