In a rare incident father son due scored half century in the same match. Former west Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul and his son Tagenarine Chanderpaul who are representing Guyana in the first class cricket had achieved this feet against Jamaica.
20 years old Tagenarine, who is an opener ,built up 104 run opening partnership with Hetmyer where the junior Chanderpaul scored 58 runs playing 135 deliveries striking 5 fours and a six. After the departure of Hetmyer, Guyana lost 3 quick wickets including that of Tagenarine. And then senior Chanderpaul who made his entry into the field played a steady knock to restore Guyana’s innings. He faced 175 balls to score 57 runs, a single short from his son’s. Shiv stroke 4 fours. Guyana made 262 runs in their first innings.
Shivnarine Chanderpaul, once the pillar of West Indian middle order batting might gone behind the curtain, he is still making strong remarks of his weathered skills in the domestic competitions in Caribbean and to add the spice, Shivnarine’s teenager son Tagenarine is also emerging into the scenario gradually.
Shivnarine Chanderpaul who made his international cricket debut at the age of 19, was the first indo-caribbean to play 100 Tests for the West Indies, and captained them in 14 Tests and 16 One day Internationals. A left-handed batsman, Chanderpaul is well known for his unorthodox batting stance, which has been described as crab-like. He played 164 test matches and scored 11,867 runs. He played his last test match in 2015 against England before announcing his retirement from international cricket in January 2016.
India Wins the Final Test and Series Against Australia Team India won the last test against Australia thus winning the Border-Gavaskar trophy with 2-1. Needed Just 106 runs Men-In-Blue had a quiet comfortable victory over the visitors just losing 2 wickets. On Day 4, KL
- India Requires 87 Runs For Series Win
- Lyon Pegs India Back With 4 wickets
- Kuldeep's Magic Spins Out Aussies For 300 Runs
- Virat Compared To Trump By OZ Media
- Ranchi Test Ends In A Draw, Now Series Decider in Dharmasala
- Ranchi Test: Pujara's Ton Helps India Post 360 Runs
- Car racing champ ASHWIN SUNDAR died in car blast!!
- India Replies Strongly To Australia's 451
- Smith Ton Puts Australia In Command
- Shashank Manohar quits as ICC Chairman
- Father-Son Duo Scores Half Century In The Same Match
- Hayden has now come out in support of Kohli
- VIRAT KOHLI verbally ATTACKED...
- Aussie spinner Steve O'Keefe claimed 12 wickets for two identical 6-fors, invited lots of criticisms
- Sindhu ,Saina Reach Quarter Finals In All England Championships