Pithch will favor India…wickets will collapse…the wicket might have been developed in favor of Team India… all these assumptions were killed by the Ranchi ground in the ongoing third test between India and Australia. Captain Steve Smith took on the Indian bowlers to score another century in this series while Maxwell remained unbeaten on 82 . Thus the visitors taking full grip on day 1 with 299/4.
Earlier Steve won the toss for Australia and elected to bat. Openers Renshaw and Warner gave a good start. The runs just flowed from their bat. When the team score reached 50 Warner (19) was sent to pavilion by Jadeja . The other opener Renshaw who looked good with his 44 runs was caught byKohli in the bowling of Umesh Yadav. Shaun Marsh who stepped into the crease was sent back in the same pace just for 2 runs by Ashwin. With this Australia lost 3 major wickets before lunch.
Captain Steve smith and Handscomb took the responsibility of constructing the innings. In this process Hands comb (19) was struck by Umesh Yadav in the form of LBW. On one side wickets kept falling at regular intervals, this did not let down Smith. He along with Maxwell played a good knock. Both of them put a partnership of 159 runs that tested the patience of the hosts. Smith scored his 19th test Hundred. He remained not out at 117.
Maxwell who is playing his 4th test after three years, went for big hits. He completed a very fast 50 runs. This is the first test Half Century for Maxwell. On one end Smith played a constructive captaincy knock while Maxwell had gone for biggies. In Team India it was only Umesh Yadav who looked decent with his bowling figures(2/63).
Manish Pandey helps KKR to get No.1 Spot Kolkata Knight Riders held their nerve in a close chase against Delhi Daredevils and now they have reached the top spot like a Boss. They lost 3 wickets in first three overs. But Manish Pandey along with Yusuf Pathan rescued the team for 4th wicket century partnership.
- IPL 10 - Pollard Kills RCB Dream
- PV Sindhu nominated for Badminton World Federation Athlete's Commission
- IPL: Rashid and Warner Shines For Sun Risers Hyderabad
- Yuvraj Kracker gives SRH first Win in IPL-10
- Super Sindhu Clinches maiden India Open Crown
- India Wins the Final Test and Series Against Australia
- India Requires 87 Runs For Series Win
- Lyon Pegs India Back With 4 wickets
- Kuldeep's Magic Spins Out Aussies For 300 Runs
- Virat Compared To Trump By OZ Media
- Ranchi Test Ends In A Draw, Now Series Decider in Dharmasala
- Ranchi Test: Pujara's Ton Helps India Post 360 Runs
- Car racing champ ASHWIN SUNDAR died in car blast!!
- India Replies Strongly To Australia's 451
- Smith Ton Puts Australia In Command