Australia scored 451 runs in their first innings in the third test at Ranchi. Batting with a overnight score of 299/4, the Aussie captain continued his form to score an unbeaten 178 runs. On the other hand Glenn Maxwell also played his handy with a century. Maxwell scored 104 runs of 185 balls. Maxwell recorded his first ever test century.
Smith and Maxwell together put up a partnership of 191 runs
for the fifth wicket. Maxwell was caught behind by Saha in the bowling of Jadeja , thus the massive partnership coming
to an end. After this Wade joined Smith. Wade managed to score only 37 runs
before he falling a prey to Jadeja.
After Wade the other batsman just entered the crease and was dismissed
by Jadeja. Ravindra Jadeja claimed his eighth five-wicket haul in Test cricket
India also gave a strong reply to the visitors innings. Lokesh Rahul the man in form once again scored half century. KL Rahul scored a quick-fire half century as India finished Day 2 on 120/1 with Murali Vijay batting on 42. The pitch did produce uneven bounce on a couple of occasions but it was not something that bothered the batsmen too much.
“Very happy to get back into the Test team,” said Glenn Maxwell. “That partnership with Smudge put us in a good position. We would have liked one or two more wickets. To have that faith shown in me, to produce that innings has been really amazing. A little bit more up and down, and a little bit more spin today. Hopefully that continues as the match wears on” stated Glenn after the play.
We don't have any time to prepare for South Africa's bouncy track - Kohli Indian Skipper Virat Kohli has told BCCI that the team has no time to prepare for the bouncy tracks in South Africa. With the ongoing Test Series against Sri Lanka, there is no time left to prepare for the South Africa Series which begins from January 5, 2018.
- Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Shikar Dhawan out of Sri Lanka's remaining Tests
- Indian Batsmen show who are the Real Boss in the 2nd Innings - Match moving towards Draw
- "Even I need rest, I am not a Robot..."
- #Italy fails to qualify for the World Cup - A shocker as Italy always gets easily qualified since 1958
- Who are you to speak about MS Dhoni? What good you did to Indian team? Netizens blast Agarkar
- Saina Nehwal beats PV Sindhu and wins National Badminton Championship
- #INDvsNZ - Chahal, Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah gifts a victory for India in 8-Over shooter
- Rain to play spoilsport in the decider T20 match?
- It's a FairyTale Ending for #AshishNehra
- India wins Nail biting series decider and clinches the series right at the death
- SHOCKING: Pune Pitch Curator dismisses as he got money from bookies in Manipulating the pitch
- Kohli's 31st Ton goes in Vain as India loses the first ODI against New Zealand
- FIFA U-17 World Cup'17 in India is the Biggest ever with Huge attendance
- Travis Head is looking played a match-winning knock in the second Twenty 20 vs India
- Virat Kohli sets a new record in T20I