Third day was Pujara’s day at the Ranchi test between India and Australia. Pujara lit up Ranchi with a splendid batting display, hitting his 11th Test century, to help India seize the initiative. Murali Vijay, his batting partner during a 102-run second-wicket alliance, also looked in a great shift but an ill-advised attempted lofted shot off Steve O'Keefe brought about his downfall on 82, with Lunch just around the corner.
Starting with the overnight score of 120/1, India batted
very well in the first session aominating the Aussies. Just before lunch Murali vijay was sent to
pavilion. Kohli who was injured while
fielding on the second day could not stand for long as he was dismissed for
just 6 runs by Cummins. The vice captain Ajinkya Rahane too was out
for 14 runs in Cummins bowling. Karun Nair looked as if he was settling down
and then he was bolwed with a wonderful delivery that came from Hazlewood.
On one end wickets kept falling but Pujara stood tall to score his 11th test Century. This Saurashtra batsman who batted with a overnight score of 10 runs played a handy innings. He played timely calculated shots with great patience. Though he was tested with bouncers from Cummins, Pujara played a great innings. He reminded of the former Indian Wall Rahul Dravid. Pujara is on 130 runs batting while the Wicket keeper Batsman Wriddhiman Saha is on 18.
For Australia, Pat Cummins enjoyed a superb comeback as he picked up 4 for 59, to ensure India did not run away with the initiative. Cummins's strength was his pace through the air, and he used his slower deliveries and short-pitched ones to great effect to keep the batsmen always guessing. He had already dismissed KL Rahul yesterday with a short delivery. On Day 3, he added the wickets of Virat Kohli, Rahane and R Ashwin, the last two coming off short deliveries.
We don't have any time to prepare for South Africa's bouncy track - Kohli Indian Skipper Virat Kohli has told BCCI that the team has no time to prepare for the bouncy tracks in South Africa. With the ongoing Test Series against Sri Lanka, there is no time left to prepare for the South Africa Series which begins from January 5, 2018.
- Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Shikar Dhawan out of Sri Lanka's remaining Tests
- Indian Batsmen show who are the Real Boss in the 2nd Innings - Match moving towards Draw
- "Even I need rest, I am not a Robot..."
- #Italy fails to qualify for the World Cup - A shocker as Italy always gets easily qualified since 1958
- Who are you to speak about MS Dhoni? What good you did to Indian team? Netizens blast Agarkar
- Saina Nehwal beats PV Sindhu and wins National Badminton Championship
- #INDvsNZ - Chahal, Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah gifts a victory for India in 8-Over shooter
- Rain to play spoilsport in the decider T20 match?
- It's a FairyTale Ending for #AshishNehra
- India wins Nail biting series decider and clinches the series right at the death
- SHOCKING: Pune Pitch Curator dismisses as he got money from bookies in Manipulating the pitch
- Kohli's 31st Ton goes in Vain as India loses the first ODI against New Zealand
- FIFA U-17 World Cup'17 in India is the Biggest ever with Huge attendance
- Travis Head is looking played a match-winning knock in the second Twenty 20 vs India
- Virat Kohli sets a new record in T20I