Third day was Pujara’s day at the Ranchi test between India and Australia. Pujara lit up Ranchi with a splendid batting display, hitting his 11th Test century, to help India seize the initiative. Murali Vijay, his batting partner during a 102-run second-wicket alliance, also looked in a great shift but an ill-advised attempted lofted shot off Steve O'Keefe brought about his downfall on 82, with Lunch just around the corner.
Starting with the overnight score of 120/1, India batted
very well in the first session aominating the Aussies. Just before lunch Murali vijay was sent to
pavilion. Kohli who was injured while
fielding on the second day could not stand for long as he was dismissed for
just 6 runs by Cummins. The vice captain Ajinkya Rahane too was out
for 14 runs in Cummins bowling. Karun Nair looked as if he was settling down
and then he was bolwed with a wonderful delivery that came from Hazlewood.
On one end wickets kept falling but Pujara stood tall to score his 11th test Century. This Saurashtra batsman who batted with a overnight score of 10 runs played a handy innings. He played timely calculated shots with great patience. Though he was tested with bouncers from Cummins, Pujara played a great innings. He reminded of the former Indian Wall Rahul Dravid. Pujara is on 130 runs batting while the Wicket keeper Batsman Wriddhiman Saha is on 18.
For Australia, Pat Cummins enjoyed a superb comeback as he picked up 4 for 59, to ensure India did not run away with the initiative. Cummins's strength was his pace through the air, and he used his slower deliveries and short-pitched ones to great effect to keep the batsmen always guessing. He had already dismissed KL Rahul yesterday with a short delivery. On Day 3, he added the wickets of Virat Kohli, Rahane and R Ashwin, the last two coming off short deliveries.
India Wins the Final Test and Series Against Australia Team India won the last test against Australia thus winning the Border-Gavaskar trophy with 2-1. Needed Just 106 runs Men-In-Blue had a quiet comfortable victory over the visitors just losing 2 wickets. On Day 4, KL
- India Requires 87 Runs For Series Win
- Lyon Pegs India Back With 4 wickets
- Kuldeep's Magic Spins Out Aussies For 300 Runs
- Virat Compared To Trump By OZ Media
- Ranchi Test Ends In A Draw, Now Series Decider in Dharmasala
- Ranchi Test: Pujara's Ton Helps India Post 360 Runs
- Car racing champ ASHWIN SUNDAR died in car blast!!
- India Replies Strongly To Australia's 451
- Smith Ton Puts Australia In Command
- Shashank Manohar quits as ICC Chairman
- Father-Son Duo Scores Half Century In The Same Match
- Hayden has now come out in support of Kohli
- VIRAT KOHLI verbally ATTACKED...
- Aussie spinner Steve O'Keefe claimed 12 wickets for two identical 6-fors, invited lots of criticisms
- Sindhu ,Saina Reach Quarter Finals In All England Championships