Third day was Pujara’s day at the Ranchi test between India and Australia. Pujara lit up Ranchi with a splendid batting display, hitting his 11th Test century, to help India seize the initiative. Murali Vijay, his batting partner during a 102-run second-wicket alliance, also looked in a great shift but an ill-advised attempted lofted shot off Steve O'Keefe brought about his downfall on 82, with Lunch just around the corner.
Starting with the overnight score of 120/1, India batted
very well in the first session aominating the Aussies. Just before lunch Murali vijay was sent to
pavilion. Kohli who was injured while
fielding on the second day could not stand for long as he was dismissed for
just 6 runs by Cummins. The vice captain Ajinkya Rahane too was out
for 14 runs in Cummins bowling. Karun Nair looked as if he was settling down
and then he was bolwed with a wonderful delivery that came from Hazlewood.
On one end wickets kept falling but Pujara stood tall to score his 11th test Century. This Saurashtra batsman who batted with a overnight score of 10 runs played a handy innings. He played timely calculated shots with great patience. Though he was tested with bouncers from Cummins, Pujara played a great innings. He reminded of the former Indian Wall Rahul Dravid. Pujara is on 130 runs batting while the Wicket keeper Batsman Wriddhiman Saha is on 18.
For Australia, Pat Cummins enjoyed a superb comeback as he picked up 4 for 59, to ensure India did not run away with the initiative. Cummins's strength was his pace through the air, and he used his slower deliveries and short-pitched ones to great effect to keep the batsmen always guessing. He had already dismissed KL Rahul yesterday with a short delivery. On Day 3, he added the wickets of Virat Kohli, Rahane and R Ashwin, the last two coming off short deliveries.
Indian cricket team New Coach Announced officially Sources have made a statement that in less than a month after Anil Kumble stepped down as the Indian cricket team coach, former Team Director Ravi Shastri has been officially appointed the new head coach. Meanwhile the BCCI's Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC), comprising former players Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman, interviewed five candidates
- #HappyBirthdayMSD-Top winning moments of Dhoni!!
- This 20-Year-Old Woman Cricketer is the NATIONAL CRUSH of YOUNGSTERS !!
- Indian players not worried about losing ICC Champions Trophy
- Virat is NOW VIRAL!!
- Virat Kohli leading India in his first ICC game as a Captain
- Warne challenged Ganguly to a bet
- COA wants Kumble to continue as Indian Coach
- HERE'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF IT RAINS DURING THE SEMI-FINALS OF THE CHAMPIONS TROPHY
- Indian Cricket Legends want to be paid for picking the national coach
- "Just give us VIRAT KOHLI and take all our PLAYERS..." says Pakistani Journalist
- Virat Kohli: Ravichandran Ashwin Understands Team Selection Demands
- "I am TOO EXPENSIVE and Indian Cricket can't afford me..."
- Pandya was promoted over Dhoni in the batting order
- Imran Khan says Painful to see Pakistan being thrashed by India
- BCCI Administrator Ramachandra Guha quits