Third day was Pujara’s day at the Ranchi test between India and Australia. Pujara lit up Ranchi with a splendid batting display, hitting his 11th Test century, to help India seize the initiative. Murali Vijay, his batting partner during a 102-run second-wicket alliance, also looked in a great shift but an ill-advised attempted lofted shot off Steve O'Keefe brought about his downfall on 82, with Lunch just around the corner.
Starting with the overnight score of 120/1, India batted
very well in the first session aominating the Aussies. Just before lunch Murali vijay was sent to
pavilion. Kohli who was injured while
fielding on the second day could not stand for long as he was dismissed for
just 6 runs by Cummins. The vice captain Ajinkya Rahane too was out
for 14 runs in Cummins bowling. Karun Nair looked as if he was settling down
and then he was bolwed with a wonderful delivery that came from Hazlewood.
On one end wickets kept falling but Pujara stood tall to score his 11th test Century. This Saurashtra batsman who batted with a overnight score of 10 runs played a handy innings. He played timely calculated shots with great patience. Though he was tested with bouncers from Cummins, Pujara played a great innings. He reminded of the former Indian Wall Rahul Dravid. Pujara is on 130 runs batting while the Wicket keeper Batsman Wriddhiman Saha is on 18.
For Australia, Pat Cummins enjoyed a superb comeback as he picked up 4 for 59, to ensure India did not run away with the initiative. Cummins's strength was his pace through the air, and he used his slower deliveries and short-pitched ones to great effect to keep the batsmen always guessing. He had already dismissed KL Rahul yesterday with a short delivery. On Day 3, he added the wickets of Virat Kohli, Rahane and R Ashwin, the last two coming off short deliveries.
Tendulkar greeted Dhoni for reaching the mark of 100 half centuries According to sources Mahendra Singh Dhoni played a key role in India's win over Australia in the 1st ODI in Chennai on Sunday. Dhoni's 79 off 88 balls helped India post a competitive 281 for seven after India's top-half was blown away for only 87 runs. Dhoni’s fifty was his 66th in ODI cricket and 100th of his international career.
- P V Sindhu, Sameer Verma advanced to the quarter-finals with straight game wins
- India is the first Team to White Wash all 3 formats of the game in a complete Tour
- Kohli wants the athlete to play with him!!
- Anushkaaaaa!!!!Virat with another girl!! Caught in Click!!
- Jose Mourinho confirms Nemanja Matic to Manchester United transfer
- India pile on runs in the first test against Srilanka
- Indian cricket team New Coach Announced officially
- #HappyBirthdayMSD-Top winning moments of Dhoni!!
- This 20-Year-Old Woman Cricketer is the NATIONAL CRUSH of YOUNGSTERS !!
- Indian players not worried about losing ICC Champions Trophy
- Virat is NOW VIRAL!!
- Virat Kohli leading India in his first ICC game as a Captain
- Warne challenged Ganguly to a bet
- COA wants Kumble to continue as Indian Coach
- HERE'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF IT RAINS DURING THE SEMI-FINALS OF THE CHAMPIONS TROPHY