New Delhi sources have stated that eight wins and 16 points is the equation needed for a team to make it to the IPL play-offs. In IPL 2017, Kings XI Punjab notched up seven to end with 14 points after their worst performance of the season in their final game that too the decider for the final play-offs spot against Rising Pune Supergiant in which they were bundled out of 73.
It was stated that to end fifth on the points tally is by no means a disappointing season and KXIP kept their hopes alive until the last moment. They showed grit to win crucial games in the latter stages of the league phase and started the season on a positive note as well. However, they slumped in the middle with four straight loses and ultimately that proved to be the difference.
Sources have added that Amla, with two centuries,
was the most consistent player for KXIP, although the team went on to lose both
those games. Sandeep Sharma was the leading wicket-taker for KXIP with two
back-to-back Man-of-the-Match awards, but it was Axar who was the shining star.
The all-rounder put in valuable tidy spells whenever required taking 15 wickets
at an average of 24.13 and also played a crucial hand with the bat, scoring 227
runs at a strike-rate of over 140.
As per overall verdict a fighting season marred by inconsistency, Amla's centuries proved little as batsmen failed to bat around him. Young Manan Vohra and experienced hand Saha had only one innings of note in the entire season while Maxwell had a tough time dealing with his out of form bowlers. Mohit Sharma has become a shadow of himself and leaked runs at an economy of neatly nine runs per over. Lack of international quality spinner hampered KXIP and their woes were further compounded by under using guys like Tewatia, KC Cariappa and Swapnil Singh.
No Malinga for T20 matches against India Sri Lanka will not have the services of Lasith Malinga's "Slinga" in the T20I's as he has been rested from the T20 squad. He already was lefted from the BPL due to personal reasons. Suranga Lakmal has also been excluded. The squad which faced Pakistan earlier has totally been changed and only 6 players have been retained.
- Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli's Humanity exposed - Do you know what they did to the Sri Lankan fan?
- Rohit's 3rd Double Ton helps India to Level the Series
- Minnows Afghanistan ready to play Test Matches - They are going to make their debut against India
- #VirushkaWEDDING - The Perfect Fairytale - Wishing the A Happily Everafter
- Can England Win the Third Test against Aussies in 'The Ashes'?
- Kohli and Anushka goes on Abroad Tour - Getting Married in Italy? Photos Inside
- Virat Kohli jumps 2 places to reach 2nd Rank in ICC Test Batting Ranks List
- #IPL2018 - The Lion returns back to it's Den after 2 years - MS Dhoni gets back in Yellow
- Even Indian bowler Shami vomits on the field due to Delhi Smog - Can India win on the final day?
- It's Official - Dhoni to retire after the Second ODI against Sri Lanka at PCA Stadium, Mohali
- Sri Lanka players used 'Smog' as a bait to stop the play
- When Virat Kohli answer Miss World Manushi Chhillar's Question...!!!
- The Day/Night Ashes 2nd Test at Adelaide grabs more attention
- Thisara Perera becomes 7th person to captain Sri Lanka in 2017
- Senior Sri Lankan Spinner Rangana Herath ruled out of Third Test against India