New Delhi sources have stated that eight wins and 16 points is the equation needed for a team to make it to the IPL play-offs. In IPL 2017, Kings XI Punjab notched up seven to end with 14 points after their worst performance of the season in their final game that too the decider for the final play-offs spot against Rising Pune Supergiant in which they were bundled out of 73.
It was stated that to end fifth on the points tally is by no means a disappointing season and KXIP kept their hopes alive until the last moment. They showed grit to win crucial games in the latter stages of the league phase and started the season on a positive note as well. However, they slumped in the middle with four straight loses and ultimately that proved to be the difference.
Sources have added that Amla, with two centuries,
was the most consistent player for KXIP, although the team went on to lose both
those games. Sandeep Sharma was the leading wicket-taker for KXIP with two
back-to-back Man-of-the-Match awards, but it was Axar who was the shining star.
The all-rounder put in valuable tidy spells whenever required taking 15 wickets
at an average of 24.13 and also played a crucial hand with the bat, scoring 227
runs at a strike-rate of over 140.
As per overall verdict a fighting season marred by inconsistency, Amla's centuries proved little as batsmen failed to bat around him. Young Manan Vohra and experienced hand Saha had only one innings of note in the entire season while Maxwell had a tough time dealing with his out of form bowlers. Mohit Sharma has become a shadow of himself and leaked runs at an economy of neatly nine runs per over. Lack of international quality spinner hampered KXIP and their woes were further compounded by under using guys like Tewatia, KC Cariappa and Swapnil Singh.
Kohli's 31st Ton goes in Vain as India loses the first ODI against New Zealand India completely surrendered to New Zealand and showed how weak they are without the services of Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja in the middle overs. New Zealand clearly exploited the weakness and completed record chase of 284 with 6 balls to spare.
- FIFA U-17 World Cup'17 in India is the Biggest ever with Huge attendance
- Travis Head is looking played a match-winning knock in the second Twenty 20 vs India
- Virat Kohli sets a new record in T20I
- Special message to all fans for Diwali by Yuvraj Singh
- R. Ashwin finds life to be a lot comfortable
- Yuzvendra Chahal dismissed Glenn Maxwell for the fourth consecutive time in the tour
- India-Australia T20 Series begins today
- Why Sachin Tendulkar gifted Sehwag a Benz Car??
- Spinner Kuldeep Yadav with maiden hat-trick as India beat Australia by 50 runs in the second one day international in Kolkata
- Tendulkar greeted Dhoni for reaching the mark of 100 half centuries
- P V Sindhu, Sameer Verma advanced to the quarter-finals with straight game wins
- India is the first Team to White Wash all 3 formats of the game in a complete Tour
- Kohli wants the athlete to play with him!!
- Anushkaaaaa!!!!Virat with another girl!! Caught in Click!!
- Jose Mourinho confirms Nemanja Matic to Manchester United transfer