New Delhi sources have stated that eight wins and 16 points is the equation needed for a team to make it to the IPL play-offs. In IPL 2017, Kings XI Punjab notched up seven to end with 14 points after their worst performance of the season in their final game that too the decider for the final play-offs spot against Rising Pune Supergiant in which they were bundled out of 73.
It was stated that to end fifth on the points tally is by no means a disappointing season and KXIP kept their hopes alive until the last moment. They showed grit to win crucial games in the latter stages of the league phase and started the season on a positive note as well. However, they slumped in the middle with four straight loses and ultimately that proved to be the difference.
Sources have added that Amla, with two centuries,
was the most consistent player for KXIP, although the team went on to lose both
those games. Sandeep Sharma was the leading wicket-taker for KXIP with two
back-to-back Man-of-the-Match awards, but it was Axar who was the shining star.
The all-rounder put in valuable tidy spells whenever required taking 15 wickets
at an average of 24.13 and also played a crucial hand with the bat, scoring 227
runs at a strike-rate of over 140.
As per overall verdict a fighting season marred by inconsistency, Amla's centuries proved little as batsmen failed to bat around him. Young Manan Vohra and experienced hand Saha had only one innings of note in the entire season while Maxwell had a tough time dealing with his out of form bowlers. Mohit Sharma has become a shadow of himself and leaked runs at an economy of neatly nine runs per over. Lack of international quality spinner hampered KXIP and their woes were further compounded by under using guys like Tewatia, KC Cariappa and Swapnil Singh.
Indian cricket team New Coach Announced officially Sources have made a statement that in less than a month after Anil Kumble stepped down as the Indian cricket team coach, former Team Director Ravi Shastri has been officially appointed the new head coach. Meanwhile the BCCI's Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC), comprising former players Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman, interviewed five candidates
- #HappyBirthdayMSD-Top winning moments of Dhoni!!
- This 20-Year-Old Woman Cricketer is the NATIONAL CRUSH of YOUNGSTERS !!
- Indian players not worried about losing ICC Champions Trophy
- Virat is NOW VIRAL!!
- Virat Kohli leading India in his first ICC game as a Captain
- Warne challenged Ganguly to a bet
- COA wants Kumble to continue as Indian Coach
- HERE'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF IT RAINS DURING THE SEMI-FINALS OF THE CHAMPIONS TROPHY
- Indian Cricket Legends want to be paid for picking the national coach
- "Just give us VIRAT KOHLI and take all our PLAYERS..." says Pakistani Journalist
- Virat Kohli: Ravichandran Ashwin Understands Team Selection Demands
- "I am TOO EXPENSIVE and Indian Cricket can't afford me..."
- Pandya was promoted over Dhoni in the batting order
- Imran Khan says Painful to see Pakistan being thrashed by India
- BCCI Administrator Ramachandra Guha quits