Sources have stated that the BCCI on Sunday rubbished media reports that the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) wants to be suitably remunerated for picking the Indian team's head coach, terming them "baseless and malicious". Reports in a section of the media claimed that the CAC comprising Indian cricket legends Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman want to be paid for picking the national coach.
Cricket Board CEO Rahul Johri said in a release. "BCCI wishes to clarify that there has been no such claim and the story carried by the newspaper is totally baseless and devoid of facts". As per reports, the three former cricketers, who held their first meeting after the India-Sri Lanka Champions Trophy game in London on Thursday, informed Johri that they "don't want their services to be honorary".
Meanwhile BCCI stated, "The contents of this article are malicious
and such attempts to dilute and misrepresent the continued contribution of
these former legends of Indian cricket are totally incorrect and unfounded and
BCCI wishes to reiterate the fact that the guidance and recommendations of the
CAC are invaluable for the betterment of Indian cricket and we urge the
publication to withdraw the said article and make suitable amends."
Moreover the CAC was formed by late BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya, giving a say to the game's greats in cricketing matters. Anil Kumble's term as head coach ends with the Champions Trophy, and the Board had last month invited applications from interested candidates.
Indian players not worried about losing ICC Champions Trophy Sources have stated that the India vs Pakistan final at the ICC Champions Trophy ended up being about as one-sided as most clashes between these two sides are, with Pakistan winning by a massive 180 runs at The Oval on Sunday, to post their maiden title win in this tournament. While the Indian side was understandably extremely disappointed, Team India skipper Virat Kohli had won lot of for his sporting remarks after the match.
- Virat is NOW VIRAL!!
- Virat Kohli leading India in his first ICC game as a Captain
- Warne challenged Ganguly to a bet
- COA wants Kumble to continue as Indian Coach
- HERE'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF IT RAINS DURING THE SEMI-FINALS OF THE CHAMPIONS TROPHY
- Indian Cricket Legends want to be paid for picking the national coach
- "Just give us VIRAT KOHLI and take all our PLAYERS..." says Pakistani Journalist
- Virat Kohli: Ravichandran Ashwin Understands Team Selection Demands
- "I am TOO EXPENSIVE and Indian Cricket can't afford me..."
- Pandya was promoted over Dhoni in the batting order
- Imran Khan says Painful to see Pakistan being thrashed by India
- BCCI Administrator Ramachandra Guha quits
- Captain and Coach cannot be on the same page, feels Gavaskar
- Pakistan Cricket's Fan Turns His Back on Team Ahead Of India Clash
- Sports Minister Vijay Goel: BCCI must talk to the Indian government before proceeding with any proposals for the series