Sources have stated that the Supreme Court appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) said on Wednesday that Team India Head Coach Anil Kumble will remain at his post for the tour of the West Indies, subject to his acceptance. Kumble was in the centre of a controversy and there were rumors galore that he would not be given an extension after the ICC Champions Trophy, currently underway in England and Wales, as well as about a 'rift' between him and captain Virat Kohli.
According to sources CoA head Vinod Rai said that the post would be Kumble's for the West Indies series if he was willing to continue. Meanwhile Rai insisted that only the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) will decide the next head coach.
Rai told reporters after a meeting of the COA that "Coach Selection
has been entrusted to the CAC which selected Anil Kumble last year for a one year
contract. Now the process has to be followed. But since the process has been
delayed, Kumble, subject to his accepting, will be there for the West Indies
He added that "The CAC is meeting in London to decide upon the road ahead" and that India will tour the West Indies for a five-match ODI series starting June 23 followed by a lone Twenty20 match on July 9. The COA, now a three-member panel after the controversial exit of historian Ramachandra Guha, had a meeting here. Rai further said the matter has been blown out of proportion with reports claiming a rift between Captain Virat Kohi and Kumble.
Indian players not worried about losing ICC Champions Trophy Sources have stated that the India vs Pakistan final at the ICC Champions Trophy ended up being about as one-sided as most clashes between these two sides are, with Pakistan winning by a massive 180 runs at The Oval on Sunday, to post their maiden title win in this tournament. While the Indian side was understandably extremely disappointed, Team India skipper Virat Kohli had won lot of for his sporting remarks after the match.
- Virat is NOW VIRAL!!
- Virat Kohli leading India in his first ICC game as a Captain
- Warne challenged Ganguly to a bet
- COA wants Kumble to continue as Indian Coach
- HERE'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF IT RAINS DURING THE SEMI-FINALS OF THE CHAMPIONS TROPHY
- Indian Cricket Legends want to be paid for picking the national coach
- "Just give us VIRAT KOHLI and take all our PLAYERS..." says Pakistani Journalist
- Virat Kohli: Ravichandran Ashwin Understands Team Selection Demands
- "I am TOO EXPENSIVE and Indian Cricket can't afford me..."
- Pandya was promoted over Dhoni in the batting order
- Imran Khan says Painful to see Pakistan being thrashed by India
- BCCI Administrator Ramachandra Guha quits
- Captain and Coach cannot be on the same page, feels Gavaskar
- Pakistan Cricket's Fan Turns His Back on Team Ahead Of India Clash
- Sports Minister Vijay Goel: BCCI must talk to the Indian government before proceeding with any proposals for the series