Sources have stated that Shane Warne is hunting high and low for an England cricket jersey. Not if you hear the reason. Warne lost a bet to former India Captain Sourav Ganguly on the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 Australia-England group stage match. And as per the terms of the bet, he would have to wear a Three Lions jersey for a whole day and also buy Ganguly dinner if his team lost. On Saturday, England beat Australia by 40 runs in the group stage match in Birmingham.
It was stated that some time ago at an event, Ganguly had claimed that England were a better side while Warne had challenged him to a bet. The terms were simple. If Australia won, Ganguly would have to buy the former Australian bowler dinner and wear the Aussie cricket jersey. It would be reversed for Warne in the case of England winning.
Meanwhile Warne was pretty confident but as we all know, Ben Stokes and
Eoin Morgan had other plans as they sent Australian bowlers on a leather hunt
on Saturday. Rain also played spoilsport but the 40-run victory ensured
Australia's ouster from the tournament as well.
Moreover Warne has promised to upload a picture wearing the jersey as proof of his commitment to the bet. As fans wait to see the amusing sight, we are sure Ganguly is waiting with the same anticipation too.
Indian players not worried about losing ICC Champions Trophy Sources have stated that the India vs Pakistan final at the ICC Champions Trophy ended up being about as one-sided as most clashes between these two sides are, with Pakistan winning by a massive 180 runs at The Oval on Sunday, to post their maiden title win in this tournament. While the Indian side was understandably extremely disappointed, Team India skipper Virat Kohli had won lot of for his sporting remarks after the match.
- Virat is NOW VIRAL!!
- Virat Kohli leading India in his first ICC game as a Captain
- Warne challenged Ganguly to a bet
- COA wants Kumble to continue as Indian Coach
- HERE'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF IT RAINS DURING THE SEMI-FINALS OF THE CHAMPIONS TROPHY
- Indian Cricket Legends want to be paid for picking the national coach
- "Just give us VIRAT KOHLI and take all our PLAYERS..." says Pakistani Journalist
- Virat Kohli: Ravichandran Ashwin Understands Team Selection Demands
- "I am TOO EXPENSIVE and Indian Cricket can't afford me..."
- Pandya was promoted over Dhoni in the batting order
- Imran Khan says Painful to see Pakistan being thrashed by India
- BCCI Administrator Ramachandra Guha quits
- Captain and Coach cannot be on the same page, feels Gavaskar
- Pakistan Cricket's Fan Turns His Back on Team Ahead Of India Clash
- Sports Minister Vijay Goel: BCCI must talk to the Indian government before proceeding with any proposals for the series