Colombo sources have stated that almost everything was shut in the island nation as the Sri Lankans observed 'Poya', a full moon day regarded auspicious by the Buddhist-majority people here. However, it was hard to catch a glimpse of the moon as Colombo remained under a dense cloud cover with heavy showers lashing the capital city.
India, having already enjoyed a sumptuous meal sweeping the Test and ODI series 3-0 and 5-0 respectively would love to end their six-week tour by polishing off the dessert. Victory in the lone T20I will see them register a 9-0 sweep. Going by the current form of the two teams, India should have no problems in pulling things off.
Despite rains and muddled grounds, the groundsmen worked swift and ensured a full 20-Over game. Sri Lanka who batted first gave a target of 171 and India in reply scored 174 with 4 balls to spare. For the first time, in Cricketing History, a team has completely whitewashed in all 3 formats of the game.
India's next challenge lies with Australia on September 17th for ODI's. India will face the team at Chennai on the first ODI. Let's hope India continues the good run.
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Shikar Dhawan out of Sri Lanka's remaining Tests Indian Opener KL Rahul said India would have won the First Test at Eden Gardens if Sun Light stayed for a little more of play. India which failed to score in 1st Innings compensated in the 2nd innings with a rapid quickfire century from Indian Skipper Virat Kohli.
- Indian Batsmen show who are the Real Boss in the 2nd Innings - Match moving towards Draw
- "Even I need rest, I am not a Robot..."
- #Italy fails to qualify for the World Cup - A shocker as Italy always gets easily qualified since 1958
- Who are you to speak about MS Dhoni? What good you did to Indian team? Netizens blast Agarkar
- Saina Nehwal beats PV Sindhu and wins National Badminton Championship
- #INDvsNZ - Chahal, Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah gifts a victory for India in 8-Over shooter
- Rain to play spoilsport in the decider T20 match?
- It's a FairyTale Ending for #AshishNehra
- India wins Nail biting series decider and clinches the series right at the death
- SHOCKING: Pune Pitch Curator dismisses as he got money from bookies in Manipulating the pitch
- Kohli's 31st Ton goes in Vain as India loses the first ODI against New Zealand
- FIFA U-17 World Cup'17 in India is the Biggest ever with Huge attendance
- Travis Head is looking played a match-winning knock in the second Twenty 20 vs India
- Virat Kohli sets a new record in T20I
- Special message to all fans for Diwali by Yuvraj Singh