According to sources FIFA under 17 World Cup 2017 in India could very well turn out to be the biggest ever in the tournament's history and such has been the response of football fans across the country, that India has become only the third nation after China and Mexico to register an attendance of over a million for the event. Moreover, with nine more days remaining, India could beat the existing record of 1,230,976 set in the very first edition in China in 1985.
Meanwhile, the attendance for matches breached the million mark in the final match of the Round of 16. The cumulative total as of now stands at 1,007,396. In a bid to further boost the attendance for the coming matches, the Local Organising Committee has done a reassessment of the complimentary tickets and are re-opening ticket sales for matches at the four venues (Goa, Guwahati, Kochi and Navi Mumbai).
Furthermore average attendance for India games, all played at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi, was 49,000 while the overall average attendance for the matches is almost 23,000, which is more than the double the average attendance witnessed at the previous Under 17 World cup held in Chile in 2015.
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Shikar Dhawan out of Sri Lanka's remaining Tests Indian Opener KL Rahul said India would have won the First Test at Eden Gardens if Sun Light stayed for a little more of play. India which failed to score in 1st Innings compensated in the 2nd innings with a rapid quickfire century from Indian Skipper Virat Kohli.
- Indian Batsmen show who are the Real Boss in the 2nd Innings - Match moving towards Draw
- "Even I need rest, I am not a Robot..."
- #Italy fails to qualify for the World Cup - A shocker as Italy always gets easily qualified since 1958
- Who are you to speak about MS Dhoni? What good you did to Indian team? Netizens blast Agarkar
- Saina Nehwal beats PV Sindhu and wins National Badminton Championship
- #INDvsNZ - Chahal, Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah gifts a victory for India in 8-Over shooter
- Rain to play spoilsport in the decider T20 match?
- It's a FairyTale Ending for #AshishNehra
- India wins Nail biting series decider and clinches the series right at the death
- SHOCKING: Pune Pitch Curator dismisses as he got money from bookies in Manipulating the pitch
- Kohli's 31st Ton goes in Vain as India loses the first ODI against New Zealand
- FIFA U-17 World Cup'17 in India is the Biggest ever with Huge attendance
- Travis Head is looking played a match-winning knock in the second Twenty 20 vs India
- Virat Kohli sets a new record in T20I
- Special message to all fans for Diwali by Yuvraj Singh