India completely surrendered to New Zealand and showed how weak they are without the services of Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja in the middle overs. New Zealand clearly exploited the weakness and completed record chase of 284 with 6 balls to spare.
Earlier, Kohli completed his 31st ODI ton which went in vain. Indian batsmen struggled to score freely in batsmen friendly pitch as Trent Boult, Tim Southee and all bowlers held the perfect line and length. The humid conditions also went against India's favor.
Virat Kohli pushed Ricky Ponting and sits in 2nd spot, just behind Tendulkar for the most number of centuries spot. He was dropped on 29 and that proved costly for the Kiwis. However, Tom Latham's century while chasing dominated Kohli's century.
This victory means that India cannot reach to the No.1 Rankings in ODI even if they win the remaining 2 games. Now, the position of MS Dhoni is also coming under the radar as he struggles with the bat a lot.
"Even I need rest, I am not a Robot..." Indian Captain Virat Kohli who met the press people ahead of the First Test against the Sri Lankans said that even he is human and he needs rest. The 29-Year-Old Cricketer got angry as the press repeatedly asked him about taking a break.
- #Italy fails to qualify for the World Cup - A shocker as Italy always gets easily qualified since 1958
- Who are you to speak about MS Dhoni? What good you did to Indian team? Netizens blast Agarkar
- Saina Nehwal beats PV Sindhu and wins National Badminton Championship
- #INDvsNZ - Chahal, Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah gifts a victory for India in 8-Over shooter
- Rain to play spoilsport in the decider T20 match?
- It's a FairyTale Ending for #AshishNehra
- India wins Nail biting series decider and clinches the series right at the death
- SHOCKING: Pune Pitch Curator dismisses as he got money from bookies in Manipulating the pitch
- Kohli's 31st Ton goes in Vain as India loses the first ODI against New Zealand
- FIFA U-17 World Cup'17 in India is the Biggest ever with Huge attendance
- Travis Head is looking played a match-winning knock in the second Twenty 20 vs India
- Virat Kohli sets a new record in T20I
- Special message to all fans for Diwali by Yuvraj Singh
- R. Ashwin finds life to be a lot comfortable
- Yuzvendra Chahal dismissed Glenn Maxwell for the fourth consecutive time in the tour