According to sources the second one day International between India and New Zealand here became embroiled in controversy hours before its start with allegations of corruption against curator Pandurang Salgaoncar. Recently a television channel claims to have conducted a sting operation in which reporters posing as bookies approached the curator asking for a pitch which will favor the fast bowlers of one of the competing teams.
The curator is seen and heard on camera agreeing to the demands. "It will be done". Salgaoncar said "It is a very good pitch on which 337 runs will be chaseable. There is no doubt about it". Salgaoncar and others are also seen walking on the pitch. "It's not allowed still we did it. The BCCI observer is also sitting around".
He added that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has promised swift action on the issue. BCCI Acting Secretary Amitabh Chaudhary said "We will take the strictest action. I am not yet aware of the full thing". He said "It a very serious matter. Whoever is responsible will be dealt with properly, there is no doubt about that. There is zero tolerance for such things.
Indian Batsmen show who are the Real Boss in the 2nd Innings - Match moving towards Draw Finally, We saw some ray of hope in Kolkata as Sun started to shine and the conditions got improved for batting. Srilanka who made a lead of 122 runs ensured there can be the only winner in the game. But, Dhawan's 94 runs 116 balls and KL Rahul's unbeaten 73 proved Indian Batsmen are far better in a pitch assisting batsmen.
- "Even I need rest, I am not a Robot..."
- #Italy fails to qualify for the World Cup - A shocker as Italy always gets easily qualified since 1958
- Who are you to speak about MS Dhoni? What good you did to Indian team? Netizens blast Agarkar
- Saina Nehwal beats PV Sindhu and wins National Badminton Championship
- #INDvsNZ - Chahal, Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah gifts a victory for India in 8-Over shooter
- Rain to play spoilsport in the decider T20 match?
- It's a FairyTale Ending for #AshishNehra
- India wins Nail biting series decider and clinches the series right at the death
- SHOCKING: Pune Pitch Curator dismisses as he got money from bookies in Manipulating the pitch
- Kohli's 31st Ton goes in Vain as India loses the first ODI against New Zealand
- FIFA U-17 World Cup'17 in India is the Biggest ever with Huge attendance
- Travis Head is looking played a match-winning knock in the second Twenty 20 vs India
- Virat Kohli sets a new record in T20I
- Special message to all fans for Diwali by Yuvraj Singh
- R. Ashwin finds life to be a lot comfortable