In a private meeting, Google's SVP of hardware, Rick Osterloh, confirmed that the second iteration of the Google Pixel is slated to launch later this year. He also added that the Pixel line of phones by Google would retain the ‘premium' stature the company has been associated with the smartphone.
“There is an annual rhythm in the smartphone industry. So, you can count on us to follow it,” Osterloh said in a meeting with a select group of press. He confirmed what everyone has been expecting but did not elaborate on a specific launch date. You can count on a successor this year, even if you don't hear a date from me now.” he said.
Osterloh did not elaborate whether the company is looking to partner with OEMs so that Google could possibly introduce their own version of affordable handsets for emerging markets like India and China. The claim for the information provided was first reported by 9to5Google. They are relatively legit as their sources are very reliable and have provided accurate information in the past. The information provided does align with Google's strategy on the Pixel brand and the possibility of launching an affordable “Non-Pixel” phone for emerging markets is a high possibility. As of now, Google has not admitted to any of the claims that an affordable phone is in the works, hence we urge our readers to treat this nothing more than a rumour.
The speculation of a “Google Phone” that would be affordable and targeted for emerging markets sounds feasible as a strategy for Google to maximise profits from two of the most important markets for smartphones. Launching a budget smartphone would not only change the game entirely it would also improve Google's portfolio of offering smartphones that have some of the same features and benefits as the Pixel but is also accessible to the common man.
HCL Infosystems Reports Revenue of Rs 685 Crore HCL Infosystems Reports Revenue of Rs 685 Crore | HCL Infosystems, India’s pioneer IT Services, Solutions & Distribution Company, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2017. Mr. Premkumar, Executive Vice-Chairman and Managing Director, HCL Infosystems Ltd., commenting on the results said, “The planned focus on the Enterprise Business has been maintaining its growth course while in the Consumer Business we are steadfast in our transition from single-brand to a multi
- Enterprises can Now Improve Field Force Productivity with Vodafone Mobile Workforce Essentials
- Wipro and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Partner to Offer Consumption-based IT Infrastructure Solutions
- Bhopal Surgeons have a date with a Roving Robot
- Infosys Recognized as a Leader in NelsonHalls NEAT Report
- Acer Creates the "Acer Day" Brand Event and Establishes an Energetic Brand Image Through Innovative Interactions
- GOOD NEWS FOR ALL Jio USERS !
- Huwai Wireless X Labs and GTI Jointly Release Cloud Robotics White Paper
- Intex Technologies Appoints Jayesh Parekh to Lead Consumer Durables Business
- Vodafone Introduces Gurugram First Wi-Fi Enabled Bus Shelter
- OPPLE Unveils Another Pair of Exceptionally Amazing LED
- Dell EMC Launches Next Generation of the World's Best-selling Server Portfolio
- Infosys Drives Change through Environmental Sustainability Initiatives at its Bengaluru
- Intex Technologies Honoured at the Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House (JNCH) Direct Port Delivery (DPD) Awards
- Trishneet Arora in GQ's The 50 Most Influential Young Indians list
- L&T Technology Services Conferred with World Quality Congress Award for Quality Excellence in Planning, Processes and Systems