In a private meeting, Google's SVP of hardware, Rick Osterloh, confirmed that the second iteration of the Google Pixel is slated to launch later this year. He also added that the Pixel line of phones by Google would retain the ‘premium' stature the company has been associated with the smartphone.
“There is an annual rhythm in the smartphone industry. So, you can count on us to follow it,” Osterloh said in a meeting with a select group of press. He confirmed what everyone has been expecting but did not elaborate on a specific launch date. You can count on a successor this year, even if you don't hear a date from me now.” he said.
Osterloh did not elaborate whether the company is looking to partner with OEMs so that Google could possibly introduce their own version of affordable handsets for emerging markets like India and China. The claim for the information provided was first reported by 9to5Google. They are relatively legit as their sources are very reliable and have provided accurate information in the past. The information provided does align with Google's strategy on the Pixel brand and the possibility of launching an affordable “Non-Pixel” phone for emerging markets is a high possibility. As of now, Google has not admitted to any of the claims that an affordable phone is in the works, hence we urge our readers to treat this nothing more than a rumour.
The speculation of a “Google Phone” that would be affordable and targeted for emerging markets sounds feasible as a strategy for Google to maximise profits from two of the most important markets for smartphones. Launching a budget smartphone would not only change the game entirely it would also improve Google's portfolio of offering smartphones that have some of the same features and benefits as the Pixel but is also accessible to the common man.
CA Technologies Announces FreshTracks.io, its Latest Software Incubator Project CA Technologies Announces FreshTracks.io, its Latest Software Incubator Project CA WORLD ’17 – CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) today announced the open registration for the FreshTracks.io beta program, one of the latest innovations stemming from the CA Accelerator Program, bringing the total to 10 start-ups currently enrolled in the incubator. The CA Accelerator incubations function like lean startups within the company, where internal innovators receive support and funding to develop
- Videojet Launches the Next Generation of Thermal Transfer Overprinters (TTO) to Meet Manufacturers' Code Quality Needs
- Jugnoo Introduces Concierge Service - Fatafat
- Wide Gap Between Digital Strategy and Execution at Global Level', Finds Study
- Vodafone Enables Reliance Communications Customers To Port Out and Continue Using their Number
- Amazon Tops the Digital Advertiser Charts on Desktop and Mobile
- Click Labs Launches YeloTaking Offline Businesses Online
- Small Businesses Drive Growth for the Web Developer Ecosystem in India
- Rock Brings Innovative Big-on-power and Slim Polymer Power Banks to India
- Malaysia Airlines Reaches the Cloud with Tata Consultancy Services
- KOR Energy Installs Solar Systems at Cold Storages
- Launch of the Report State of Urban Water and Sanitation in India on Improving Access to Clean Water and Sanitation Facility
- Salesforce Releases New Research on the Salesforce Economy - Creating 3.3 Million New Jobs
- HCL Technologies Powers Volvo Ocean Race 2017-18
- Wipro cited as a Leader in Everest group Peak matrix technology Leader in Everest Group
- This Diwali, Pay through MobiKwik QR Code and Win Gold