In a private meeting, Google's SVP of hardware, Rick Osterloh, confirmed that the second iteration of the Google Pixel is slated to launch later this year. He also added that the Pixel line of phones by Google would retain the ‘premium' stature the company has been associated with the smartphone.
“There is an annual rhythm in the smartphone industry. So, you can count on us to follow it,” Osterloh said in a meeting with a select group of press. He confirmed what everyone has been expecting but did not elaborate on a specific launch date. You can count on a successor this year, even if you don't hear a date from me now.” he said.
Osterloh did not elaborate whether the company is looking to partner with OEMs so that Google could possibly introduce their own version of affordable handsets for emerging markets like India and China. The claim for the information provided was first reported by 9to5Google. They are relatively legit as their sources are very reliable and have provided accurate information in the past. The information provided does align with Google's strategy on the Pixel brand and the possibility of launching an affordable “Non-Pixel” phone for emerging markets is a high possibility. As of now, Google has not admitted to any of the claims that an affordable phone is in the works, hence we urge our readers to treat this nothing more than a rumour.
The speculation of a “Google Phone” that would be affordable and targeted for emerging markets sounds feasible as a strategy for Google to maximise profits from two of the most important markets for smartphones. Launching a budget smartphone would not only change the game entirely it would also improve Google's portfolio of offering smartphones that have some of the same features and benefits as the Pixel but is also accessible to the common man.
Latest Version of Epicor ERP Extends Manufacturing Leadership with Launch of Powerful Cloud-Based Analytics Latest Version of Epicor ERP Extends Manufacturing Leadership with Launch of Powerful Cloud-Based Analytics and Global Electronic Compliance Unveiled at its Insights 2017 customer conference, Epicor Software Corporation, a global provider of industry-specific enterprise software to promote business growth, has introduced the latest version of Epicor ERP, the global enterprise resource planning solution in use today by thousands of customers in 150 countries worldwide.
- Unlimited Plans for Everyone - Vodafone Integrated Plans Break All Barriers
- Infosys Launches Boundaryless Data Lake offering Powered by its Information Grid Solution on Amazon Web Services
- MLSL Unveils Nguru Quick School Parent App - One-stop Solution for Parents to Monitor their Child's Performance in School
- Infosys Foundation Invests in the Sustainable Development of Tribal Villages oF MP
- Acer India Appoints Rajeev Chandrashekar as Director to Strengthen Gaming Business
- Smart Reply for Google suggested responses to emails in Android and iOS
- NxtGen Enhances Hybrid Cloud Capabilities with New Disaster Recovery as a Service from Zerto
- Kutchina Launches Exclusive Outlet in Bangalore
- Cisco Inaugurates Cyber Range Lab in India
- Celebrating LG's 20 Years of Life's Good with a Heart Touching Short Film
- Sony Pictures Networks Awarded 'Aon Best Employers India 2017' Title
- Wipro and Harte Hanks to Offer Marketing Technology Services
- Vodafone Launches SuperWifi to Boost Digital Transformation of Organizations
- Young Students Rule the Roost as Winners of L&T Technology Services
- HTC Announces VIVE Product Launch in India