- Ad rates to be slashed by 50% across most categories starting 14th March
- Platform provides free ad generation tools for sellers to create their own banners
- Sellers can also create their own virtual stores on the website
Snapdeal, India’s largest online marketplace, today shared interesting data on its self-service seller ads platform, launched 9 months ago. During this time, over 10,000 sellers, 200 brands and agencies have used the ads solution and this number continues to grow. By the next 3 months, the ads platform will rake in 100 crores in annual revenue for the company. As more and more sellers come on the platform, ad revenues will be a growing contributor to Snapdeal’s profitability goal.
Banner ads were launched 9 months ago by Snapdeal to cater to both brands and smaller sellers to help them utilize prime real estate on the Snapdeal website, enhance their visibility, increase conversions, and ultimately build brand loyalty. While the service was initially piloted with bigger brands; it was opened to all sellers, owing to a great business response. Additionally, given the platform’s popularity, Snapdeal has also announced a 50% drop in ad rates across most of the categories. The new rate will be applicable starting March 14th.
Besides placement of banner ads, sellers can also set up virtual storefronts to showcase their products for customers accessing the Snapdeal website. This will help bring the whole portfolio of their products available on Snapdeal at one place with a single click of a button. Added to this, Snapdeal will also offer sellers options to customize their store's appearance and offerings in accordance to their own preferences. Sellers will also be able to use specialized and seasonal widgets to highlight and group their products in various customized categories like ‘products on sale’, ‘new collection’, ‘most popular products’ etc.
Rajiv Mangla, Chief Technology Officer, Snapdeal, said, “Sellers are a crucial part of the market place ecosystem and with the launch of this innovative solution, we are enhancing visibility for our sellers significantly. Simultaneously, we are also making their offerings more accessible and appealing for the customers. This is a massive step in our on-going journey towards creating the most reliable and frictionless online selling solution for small and medium business owners across the country.”
Vishal Chadha, Senior Vice President, Business added that, “Ads are a key revenue driver for our marketplace platform. We are very pleased with the state-of-the-art support that this solution is offering our sellers and brands. The response we have seen so far is a clear evidence of the value that these businesses are deriving from the same.”
Courtesy by www.businesswire.com
Bhopal Surgeons have a date with a Roving Robot Bhopal Surgeons have a date with a Roving Robot A da Vinci surgical robot is being taken around to visit 20 Indian cities. Now, on July 24, it makes its way to Bhopal where its impressive minimally invasive precision will be live-demoed to surgeons from different specialties.
- Infosys Recognized as a Leader in NelsonHalls NEAT Report
- Acer Creates the "Acer Day" Brand Event and Establishes an Energetic Brand Image Through Innovative Interactions
- GOOD NEWS FOR ALL Jio USERS !
- Huwai Wireless X Labs and GTI Jointly Release Cloud Robotics White Paper
- Intex Technologies Appoints Jayesh Parekh to Lead Consumer Durables Business
- Vodafone Introduces Gurugram First Wi-Fi Enabled Bus Shelter
- OPPLE Unveils Another Pair of Exceptionally Amazing LED
- Dell EMC Launches Next Generation of the World's Best-selling Server Portfolio
- Infosys Drives Change through Environmental Sustainability Initiatives at its Bengaluru
- Intex Technologies Honoured at the Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House (JNCH) Direct Port Delivery (DPD) Awards
- Trishneet Arora in GQ's The 50 Most Influential Young Indians list
- L&T Technology Services Conferred with World Quality Congress Award for Quality Excellence in Planning, Processes and Systems
- Dell Aims to Fulfill 60 percent of Energy Demand through Renewable Energy Sources by 2020 in India
- TCS technology wins best supplIer Award Ericson
- NOKIA is BACK IN STYLE: 6GB RAM and 24MP Camera for Edge 2017