- Ad rates to be slashed by 50% across most categories starting 14th March
- Platform provides free ad generation tools for sellers to create their own banners
- Sellers can also create their own virtual stores on the website
Snapdeal, India’s largest online marketplace, today shared interesting data on its self-service seller ads platform, launched 9 months ago. During this time, over 10,000 sellers, 200 brands and agencies have used the ads solution and this number continues to grow. By the next 3 months, the ads platform will rake in 100 crores in annual revenue for the company. As more and more sellers come on the platform, ad revenues will be a growing contributor to Snapdeal’s profitability goal.
Banner ads were launched 9 months ago by Snapdeal to cater to both brands and smaller sellers to help them utilize prime real estate on the Snapdeal website, enhance their visibility, increase conversions, and ultimately build brand loyalty. While the service was initially piloted with bigger brands; it was opened to all sellers, owing to a great business response. Additionally, given the platform’s popularity, Snapdeal has also announced a 50% drop in ad rates across most of the categories. The new rate will be applicable starting March 14th.
Besides placement of banner ads, sellers can also set up virtual storefronts to showcase their products for customers accessing the Snapdeal website. This will help bring the whole portfolio of their products available on Snapdeal at one place with a single click of a button. Added to this, Snapdeal will also offer sellers options to customize their store's appearance and offerings in accordance to their own preferences. Sellers will also be able to use specialized and seasonal widgets to highlight and group their products in various customized categories like ‘products on sale’, ‘new collection’, ‘most popular products’ etc.
Rajiv Mangla, Chief Technology Officer, Snapdeal, said, “Sellers are a crucial part of the market place ecosystem and with the launch of this innovative solution, we are enhancing visibility for our sellers significantly. Simultaneously, we are also making their offerings more accessible and appealing for the customers. This is a massive step in our on-going journey towards creating the most reliable and frictionless online selling solution for small and medium business owners across the country.”
Vishal Chadha, Senior Vice President, Business added that, “Ads are a key revenue driver for our marketplace platform. We are very pleased with the state-of-the-art support that this solution is offering our sellers and brands. The response we have seen so far is a clear evidence of the value that these businesses are deriving from the same.”
Courtesy by www.businesswire.com
Vodafone First Telecom Operator to Partner with ALTBalaji for Original Content on Vodafone Play Vodafone First Telecom Operator to Partner with ALTBalaji for Original Content on Vodafone Play With more and more Indians – especially the Velvet Rope Generation – fast adopting mobile phones as their preferred screen for entertainment, the demand for hyper-personalized yet diverse content experience is growing manifold. Ever responsive to the needs of a super-connected customer base, Vodafone India today announced its partnership with ALTBalaji to provide Indian original
- ixigo Named the Fastest Growing Mobile Travel App in India
- Vodafone Partners LAVA to offer Complete Cash Back on Feature Phone
- Wipro Joins Automotive Grade Linux to Accelerate Open Source Adoption
- Airtel Forges Strategic Partnership with SK Telecom - the Most Advanced Mobile Broadband Operator in the World
- Jaguar Land Rover Racing Ahead with Electrification
- Airtel Launches VoLTE; Services go Live in Mumbai
- Zinnov Positions Wipro in the 'Leadership Zone' for Robotic Automation Services 2017
- HTC and Hungama Enter into a Partnership
- Vodafone Play Partners with HOOQ to Bring the Best of Hollywood
- Vodafone Presents the Campus Survival Kit - a First of its kind
- Happy 63rd Birthday Today.
- Intex Honoured by ASSOCHAM with Award for Excellence in Service 2017
- Vodafone Customers in Delhi-NCR will Now Enjoy Unlimited Local, STD and Roaming Calls
- BSNL has edge over Jio, Airtel, MTNL, RailTel, Google, Facebook and Tata Docomo in Wi-Fi
- Infosys - Press Statement on Vishal Sikkas Resignation