As per a National Book Trust - NCAER survey in 2009, there were 83 million Indians (13-35 age group) reading books for leisure in 2009. Reading in Hindi, Marathi, Bengali & English primarily, 46% of the respondents chose “knowledge enhancement” as a reason for reading books. With the world’s youngest working population, Indians are increasingly seeking out knowledge as their ticket to prosperity in this knowledge economy. But the problem for this young generation is “In this knowledge economy, I need to KNOW MORE & YET, I lack the TIME to know more”
bookbhook.com - Book Summary and Micro-Learning Platform
bookbhook.com intends to solve this problem with its service promise of ‘know more without reading more’. As India’s first books based micro-learning service, bookbhook curates non-fiction books that are then converted into short book summaries which you can read on the bookbhook app in just a few minutes. Reading carries a strong cultural context. It is important to not only feature books in the Indian context, but also speak the language of the Indian book reader.
Gaurav Gupta asks “Why should a small entrepreneur from Aligarh not get access to concepts of entrepreneurship from the book ‘The Lean Startup’ by Eric Ries? There are three hurdles for this entrepreneur in a small Indian town - discoverability of the book, language of the book and the time commitment to read the book. Bookbhook.com removes all these barriers by thoughtfully curating books, converting the books into short ten minutes summaries and then converting these summaries into Hindi.”
Bookbhook, which is an Android and Apple store app has more than 32000 downloads and offers more than 50 book summaries on its app for free. It is currently building a pipeline of more than 200 books.
bookbhook.com from Marcus Aurelius Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is founded by Gaurav Gupta. An IIM Ahmedabad alumnus, Gaurav has had 15 years corporate experience working with brands like Coca Cola, Citibank, Nokia & Tata Docomo. Bookbhook is currently in bootstrapping phase and is a part of the FbStart bootstrap track.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
Dell Empowers India's Youth with Technology-enabled Learning Dell Empowers India's Youth with Technology-enabled Learning Dell completed a milestone of 10 years of ‘Dell Giving’ in India. Through Dell Youth Learning initiatives, which focus on improving learning outcomes in schools by providing technology access – the company has successfully empowered students across 5000+ schools across the country in the last ten years. Dell
- How to make Madras Lamb Curry - Cooked with a medley of spices this lamb curry is simply delicious.
- Wipro Digital to acquire Cooper, a leader in UX and interaction design, and expand Designit's capabilities
- HTC Vive Announces Fallout 4 VR Bundle; New Vive Purchases Include Highly Anticipated Fallout 4 VR
- IDC: OnePlus Captures 57 percent Premium Online Smartphone Market
- Videcon WallcamPartners With Vodafone AnnouncesLaunch of IndustryFirst4GEnabled CCTV Solution
- Trabug Launches India's First Mobility Solution for the Inbound Travellers
- CSPs See Cloud Technology Investments as Critical to Improving Customer Experience
- Vodafone First Telecom Operator to Partner with ALTBalaji for Original Content on Vodafone Play
- ixigo Named the Fastest Growing Mobile Travel App in India
- Vodafone Partners LAVA to offer Complete Cash Back on Feature Phone
- Wipro Joins Automotive Grade Linux to Accelerate Open Source Adoption
- Airtel Forges Strategic Partnership with SK Telecom - the Most Advanced Mobile Broadband Operator in the World
- Jaguar Land Rover Racing Ahead with Electrification
- Airtel Launches VoLTE; Services go Live in Mumbai
- Zinnov Positions Wipro in the 'Leadership Zone' for Robotic Automation Services 2017