As per a National Book Trust - NCAER survey in 2009, there were 83 million Indians (13-35 age group) reading books for leisure in 2009. Reading in Hindi, Marathi, Bengali & English primarily, 46% of the respondents chose “knowledge enhancement” as a reason for reading books. With the world’s youngest working population, Indians are increasingly seeking out knowledge as their ticket to prosperity in this knowledge economy. But the problem for this young generation is “In this knowledge economy, I need to KNOW MORE & YET, I lack the TIME to know more”
bookbhook.com - Book Summary and Micro-Learning Platform
bookbhook.com intends to solve this problem with its service promise of ‘know more without reading more’. As India’s first books based micro-learning service, bookbhook curates non-fiction books that are then converted into short book summaries which you can read on the bookbhook app in just a few minutes. Reading carries a strong cultural context. It is important to not only feature books in the Indian context, but also speak the language of the Indian book reader.
Gaurav Gupta asks “Why should a small entrepreneur from Aligarh not get access to concepts of entrepreneurship from the book ‘The Lean Startup’ by Eric Ries? There are three hurdles for this entrepreneur in a small Indian town - discoverability of the book, language of the book and the time commitment to read the book. Bookbhook.com removes all these barriers by thoughtfully curating books, converting the books into short ten minutes summaries and then converting these summaries into Hindi.”
Bookbhook, which is an Android and Apple store app has more than 32000 downloads and offers more than 50 book summaries on its app for free. It is currently building a pipeline of more than 200 books.
bookbhook.com from Marcus Aurelius Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is founded by Gaurav Gupta. An IIM Ahmedabad alumnus, Gaurav has had 15 years corporate experience working with brands like Coca Cola, Citibank, Nokia & Tata Docomo. Bookbhook is currently in bootstrapping phase and is a part of the FbStart bootstrap track.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
CHEEP: A Tech Driven Mobile Services Marketplace CHEEP: A Tech Driven Mobile Services Marketplace CHEEP is an on demand home service provider app which connects consumers with thousands of qualified, verified and insured service professionals to fulfill all kinds of household needs. A range of professionals such as Carpenters, Plumbers, Drivers, Cleaners, Cooks, Tutors, so on and so forth, can be browsed, selected and contacted based on reviews of other consumers.
- HTC VIVE Announces Special Independence Day Bundle offer
- Infosys - Press Statement on Vishal Sikkas Resignation
- Travel Tech Startup TRAVELSPICE Expands Use of Microsoft Azure
- NOKIA 8 - High End Specifications with 24 Megapixels camera - At Low Price !!!
- HCL Launches A.I Powered Process Transformation Platform and Consulting
- Wipro, Excelfore Partner to Offer Secure Connectivity Solutions for Next-Gen Smart and Autonomous Vehicles
- HAT-TRICK for Sony Pictures Networks Distribution India
- Wipro Partners with and Invests in Tricentis to Deliver End-to-End Hyper Automation across Quality Lifecycle
- Vodafone Play Expands its Infotainment Section with the Bouquet of 12 Discovery Channels
- Acer Launches Nitro 5 Gaming Laptops
- How to download iOS 11 beta version
- Jaguar Land Rover to offer GST Related Benefits of up to 12% to Customers with Immediate Effect
- SumTotal Named Hot Software Vendor
- HCL Infosystems Reports Revenue of Rs 685 Crore
- Enterprises can Now Improve Field Force Productivity with Vodafone Mobile Workforce Essentials