As per a National Book Trust - NCAER survey in 2009, there were 83 million Indians (13-35 age group) reading books for leisure in 2009. Reading in Hindi, Marathi, Bengali & English primarily, 46% of the respondents chose “knowledge enhancement” as a reason for reading books. With the world’s youngest working population, Indians are increasingly seeking out knowledge as their ticket to prosperity in this knowledge economy. But the problem for this young generation is “In this knowledge economy, I need to KNOW MORE & YET, I lack the TIME to know more”
bookbhook.com - Book Summary and Micro-Learning Platform
bookbhook.com intends to solve this problem with its service promise of ‘know more without reading more’. As India’s first books based micro-learning service, bookbhook curates non-fiction books that are then converted into short book summaries which you can read on the bookbhook app in just a few minutes. Reading carries a strong cultural context. It is important to not only feature books in the Indian context, but also speak the language of the Indian book reader.
Gaurav Gupta asks “Why should a small entrepreneur from Aligarh not get access to concepts of entrepreneurship from the book ‘The Lean Startup’ by Eric Ries? There are three hurdles for this entrepreneur in a small Indian town - discoverability of the book, language of the book and the time commitment to read the book. Bookbhook.com removes all these barriers by thoughtfully curating books, converting the books into short ten minutes summaries and then converting these summaries into Hindi.”
Bookbhook, which is an Android and Apple store app has more than 32000 downloads and offers more than 50 book summaries on its app for free. It is currently building a pipeline of more than 200 books.
bookbhook.com from Marcus Aurelius Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is founded by Gaurav Gupta. An IIM Ahmedabad alumnus, Gaurav has had 15 years corporate experience working with brands like Coca Cola, Citibank, Nokia & Tata Docomo. Bookbhook is currently in bootstrapping phase and is a part of the FbStart bootstrap track.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
Cisco Inaugurates Cyber Range Lab in India Cisco Inaugurates Cyber Range Lab in India Deepening its commitment to enhancing cybersecurity in India, Cisco India today inaugurated its Cyber Range Lab in Gurgaon, India. The Cisco® Cyber Range Lab aims to provide highly specialized technical training workshops to help security staff build the skills and experience necessary to combat new-age threats. Dr. Gulshan Rai, National Cyber Security Coordinator, Government of India, inaugurated the Cyber Range Lab in the presence of Dinesh Malkani, P
- UTStarcom to Expand its Footprint in India
- AKAI Introduces a New Range of Energy Efficient Air Conditioners
- Vodafone Unveils Truly Unlimited Plans for International Travelers
- Vodafone is First Global IoT Provider to Pass 50 Million Connections
- Telenor India Spreads the Joy of Reading amongst Children to Celebrate World Book Day
- TCS Wins Oracle Integrated Cloud Partner of the Year Award in UK & Ireland
- ItzCash Voted Amongst the most Trusted BFSI Brand in India
- Aircel app wins MoneyTech Award for Best Innovation in Data Solution
- CES Asia and Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park Bring Spotlight to Startups at CES Asia 2017
- Airtel Holiday Surprises offer: 30GB free data for 3 months, new international roaming rates to counter Reliance Jio
- Xenture Technologies Expand Global Footprint
- NetApp Creates Social Impact through its Multi-pronged Approach
- FarEye Makes India Proud!
- Make the most of now With the Data Strong Network
- MobiSwipe to Deploy over 50,000 mPoS Devices within Next 9 Months