Tata Consultancy Services a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organisation, has collaborated with SATS Ltd. (SATS), Asia’s leading provider of airport ground handling and food solutions services, to develop a smart watch solution that is believed to be the world’s first mobile solution for airport Technical Ramp operations. The Technical Ramp Smart Watch solution is now supporting SATS’ operations at Singapore’s Changi Airport, a leading global hub of travel, technology adoption and efficiency.
The Technical Ramp Smart Watch solution was designed to increase operational efficiency by streamlining on-ground processes and enhancing communication, productivity and safety, through technology. It assists SATS by providing Tech Ramp workers with real-time job and task notifications on-the-go, and ensuring staff are kept updated remotely, while reducing reliance on older technology like walkie-talkies.
Sample Screenshots of Smart Control Centre & Smart Watch Solution
“In an industry that is becoming ever more competitive, constant innovation and productivity gains are essential,” said Alex Hungate, SATS President and Chief Executive Officer. “In deploying smart watches and leveraging the Internet of Things, we not only drive greater efficiency but also reimagine the role of the Tech Ramp Technician.”
Prior to the implementation of the solution, SATS Tech Ramp Agents would need to physically visit the control center to check rosters and receive updates regarding ad-hoc changes. Communication around operational changes was also conducted manually, either by reprinting updates or via walkie-talkies which, given the noise pollution at airports, can be difficult.
“Digitization and mobility are creating exciting new opportunities and solutions that are transforming user experience, streamlining operations and creating new efficiencies in airport services,” said Girish Ramachandran, President, TCS Asia Pacific. “TCS is pleased to have worked with SATS, a key industry partner, to create a mobile solution that has brought immediate results to their operations and which has also further proven our leadership and capabilities in delivering industry-leading IT services and solutions to the airline, travel and logistics sectors.”
TCS was chosen by SATS to help modernise how its Tech Ramp Department tracks tasks and monitors activities, with a focus on ensuring flights arrive and departon time. The smart watch solution was a product of the collaboration between TCS and SATS to reimagine manual processes for Tech Ramp Agents by leveraging on the latest technology available. TCS also worked with SATS to build a next-gen IT solution for the revamped state-of-the-art Tech Ramp Control Centre.
With real-time GPS to monitor movement of Tech Ramp Agents from a central location via their smart watches, the latest information, such as updated schedules and instructions are now pushed easily and instantaneously out across all devices from the Tech Ramp Control Centre, without having to rely on a walkie-talkie relay or on reprinted updates.
Apart from increasing the productivity of Tech Ramp Agents, the smart watch-enabled solution is an opportunity for SATS to closely track and monitor performance across the board. By capturing the start and completion time of each task, SATS can analyse the data to glean key performance insights to inform the meticulous planning needed to ensure flights land and get airborne safely and on time.
Key elements of the solution are
Real time job/task notifications to ramp agents – Improving operational efficiency by saving the ramp agents time to visit control centre each time to know their roster/updates.
Precision Tracking – Control centre application with real-time GPS plot to monitor movement of ramp agents.
Notifications – Relaying of ad-hoc messages/instructions from control centre to ramp agents with less dependency on walkie-talkie
Info capture for Analytics – Recording of reporting time at bay, start & completion of jobs for ramp agent’s performance insights.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
Dell Empowers India's Youth with Technology-enabled Learning Dell Empowers India's Youth with Technology-enabled Learning Dell completed a milestone of 10 years of ‘Dell Giving’ in India. Through Dell Youth Learning initiatives, which focus on improving learning outcomes in schools by providing technology access – the company has successfully empowered students across 5000+ schools across the country in the last ten years. Dell
- How to make Madras Lamb Curry - Cooked with a medley of spices this lamb curry is simply delicious.
- Wipro Digital to acquire Cooper, a leader in UX and interaction design, and expand Designit's capabilities
- HTC Vive Announces Fallout 4 VR Bundle; New Vive Purchases Include Highly Anticipated Fallout 4 VR
- IDC: OnePlus Captures 57 percent Premium Online Smartphone Market
- Videcon WallcamPartners With Vodafone AnnouncesLaunch of IndustryFirst4GEnabled CCTV Solution
- Trabug Launches India's First Mobility Solution for the Inbound Travellers
- CSPs See Cloud Technology Investments as Critical to Improving Customer Experience
- Vodafone First Telecom Operator to Partner with ALTBalaji for Original Content on Vodafone Play
- ixigo Named the Fastest Growing Mobile Travel App in India
- Vodafone Partners LAVA to offer Complete Cash Back on Feature Phone
- Wipro Joins Automotive Grade Linux to Accelerate Open Source Adoption
- Airtel Forges Strategic Partnership with SK Telecom - the Most Advanced Mobile Broadband Operator in the World
- Jaguar Land Rover Racing Ahead with Electrification
- Airtel Launches VoLTE; Services go Live in Mumbai
- Zinnov Positions Wipro in the 'Leadership Zone' for Robotic Automation Services 2017