ICICI Bank, India’s largest private sector bank by consolidated assets, announced the integration of its retail internet banking platform with ‘DigiLocker’, an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. ‘DigiLocker’ is an online repository platform for issuance, verification and storage of digital certificates and documents on cloud. With this integration, all savings account customers of ICICI Bank who have mapped their Aadhaar numbers with bank accounts can directly register and access ‘DigiLocker’ while they are logged in to their internet banking account. ICICI Bank offers this service free of cost.
Some of the salient features of ‘DigiLocker’ are listed below
Users do not require separate credentials to access ‘DigiLocker’; once registered, they can directly login through the ICICI Bank net-banking platform without further authentication
Users can also access their digital documents anytime, anywhere and also share it online
Currently, over 20 organizations including the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Ministry of Road Transport, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, including various eDistrict applications are part of the ‘DigiLocker’ ecosystem
Commenting on the initiative, B. Madhivanan, Group Executive and Chief Technology & Digital Officer, ICICI Bank, said, “We are delighted to partner with the Government of India through this initiative and create an ecosystem wherein customers can register on the DigiLocker platform and access it later as well, directly through their ICICI Bank internet banking account. This integration will help us to uphold ICICI Bank’s rich legacy of leveraging the latest technology to bring in new paradigms in banking. With the increased adoption of digital technology, we will continue to offer diverse range of digital initiatives and amplify the Government’s efforts towards a digitally empowered community.”
Below are some benefits of ‘DigiLocker’
‘DigiLocker’ is available to all savings account customers, who have linked their Aadhar numbers with their bank accounts
ICICI Bank is offering this facility free of cost
Some of the other benefits include self-attestation in the form of digital signatures, easy authentication of documents, reduced carbon footprint as it eliminates paper usage as well as expediting document processing in availing various citizen centric document services
ICICI Bank services its large customer base through a multi-channel delivery network of branches, ATMs, call center, internet banking, mobile banking, banking on Facebook & Twitter and ‘PocketsbyICICIBank’ the country’s first digital bank on mobile.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
NIIT Accredited by Learning and Performance Institute for the Second Consecutive Year NIIT Accredited by Learning and Performance Institute for the Second Consecutive Year NIIT Limited, a leading provider of managed training services announced today that it has earned the status of Accredited Learning Provider for the second consecutive year. NIIT was awarded the accreditation for its “commitment to high quality and process improvement in the provision of learning, development and training services to clients” by the Learning and Performance Institute (LPI), UK.
- GolfLan Introduce Worlds First Made in India Cloud Based Smart Golf Solutions for Global
- ICT Academy and Autodesk Announce India Design Week 2017
- Gracenote Delivers Automated TV Channel Monitoring and Reporting Solution to Broadcasters with TV Street Maps 2.0
- Airtel and Intex Join Hands to Launch a Range of Affordable 4G Smartphones Starting at Just Rs. 1649
- Payza Wins E commerce International Payment Processor Award from Stars of the Industry
- Vodafone Introduces Noidas First Free Wi Fi Enabled Bus Shelter
- Online Mutual Fund Investment Platform FundzBazar has Launched Single-stop Facility to Link Aadhaar to MF Folios
- Planet Taps Antrix ISROs PSLV for Third Time to Launch Four Dove Satellites
- pCloudy Launches Certifaya - The Artificial Intelligence Powered App Testing BOT to Speed up Software Testing
- Bahwan CyberTek Wins Order from Ecoren Energy
- Hathway Partners with Microsoft to Provide an Unbeatable Combination for the Digital Generation
- Coverfox Opens Up its Technology for Agents and Micro Entrepreneurs
- New DevOps Solutions from CA Drive Faster, Smarter Development and Better Customer Experiences
- Over 9000 Students of Business Management and Engineering Colleges Participate in 'The Hero Campus Challenge'
- Eastern Communications Partners with Tata Consultancy Services for OSS/BSS Transformation