ICICI Bank, India’s largest private sector bank by consolidated assets, announced the integration of its retail internet banking platform with ‘DigiLocker’, an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. ‘DigiLocker’ is an online repository platform for issuance, verification and storage of digital certificates and documents on cloud. With this integration, all savings account customers of ICICI Bank who have mapped their Aadhaar numbers with bank accounts can directly register and access ‘DigiLocker’ while they are logged in to their internet banking account. ICICI Bank offers this service free of cost.
Some of the salient features of ‘DigiLocker’ are listed below
Users do not require separate credentials to access ‘DigiLocker’; once registered, they can directly login through the ICICI Bank net-banking platform without further authentication
Users can also access their digital documents anytime, anywhere and also share it online
Currently, over 20 organizations including the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Ministry of Road Transport, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, including various eDistrict applications are part of the ‘DigiLocker’ ecosystem
Commenting on the initiative, B. Madhivanan, Group Executive and Chief Technology & Digital Officer, ICICI Bank, said, “We are delighted to partner with the Government of India through this initiative and create an ecosystem wherein customers can register on the DigiLocker platform and access it later as well, directly through their ICICI Bank internet banking account. This integration will help us to uphold ICICI Bank’s rich legacy of leveraging the latest technology to bring in new paradigms in banking. With the increased adoption of digital technology, we will continue to offer diverse range of digital initiatives and amplify the Government’s efforts towards a digitally empowered community.”
Below are some benefits of ‘DigiLocker’
‘DigiLocker’ is available to all savings account customers, who have linked their Aadhar numbers with their bank accounts
ICICI Bank is offering this facility free of cost
Some of the other benefits include self-attestation in the form of digital signatures, easy authentication of documents, reduced carbon footprint as it eliminates paper usage as well as expediting document processing in availing various citizen centric document services
ICICI Bank services its large customer base through a multi-channel delivery network of branches, ATMs, call center, internet banking, mobile banking, banking on Facebook & Twitter and ‘PocketsbyICICIBank’ the country’s first digital bank on mobile.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
CHEEP: A Tech Driven Mobile Services Marketplace CHEEP: A Tech Driven Mobile Services Marketplace CHEEP is an on demand home service provider app which connects consumers with thousands of qualified, verified and insured service professionals to fulfill all kinds of household needs. A range of professionals such as Carpenters, Plumbers, Drivers, Cleaners, Cooks, Tutors, so on and so forth, can be browsed, selected and contacted based on reviews of other consumers.
- HTC VIVE Announces Special Independence Day Bundle offer
- Infosys - Press Statement on Vishal Sikkas Resignation
- Travel Tech Startup TRAVELSPICE Expands Use of Microsoft Azure
- NOKIA 8 - High End Specifications with 24 Megapixels camera - At Low Price !!!
- HCL Launches A.I Powered Process Transformation Platform and Consulting
- Wipro, Excelfore Partner to Offer Secure Connectivity Solutions for Next-Gen Smart and Autonomous Vehicles
- HAT-TRICK for Sony Pictures Networks Distribution India
- Wipro Partners with and Invests in Tricentis to Deliver End-to-End Hyper Automation across Quality Lifecycle
- Vodafone Play Expands its Infotainment Section with the Bouquet of 12 Discovery Channels
- Acer Launches Nitro 5 Gaming Laptops
- How to download iOS 11 beta version
- Jaguar Land Rover to offer GST Related Benefits of up to 12% to Customers with Immediate Effect
- SumTotal Named Hot Software Vendor
- HCL Infosystems Reports Revenue of Rs 685 Crore
- Enterprises can Now Improve Field Force Productivity with Vodafone Mobile Workforce Essentials