In one of the largest network rollouts globally deploys 180,000 mobile sites in the last two years, which is same as total sites deployed in the first 20 years of operations
Deployment to leverage its robust spectrum portfolio and create capacity to lead India’s data growth story
Deployment is part of Project Leap – Airtel’s network transformation program with an investment commitment of Rs 60,000 crore.
Airtel now offers the widest network with 4G and 3G coverage in all 22 circles
Airtel has been rated as the fastest mobile network in India by Ookla – the global leader in mobile speed tests
Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s largest telecommunications services provider, today said that it doubled its mobile network deployment over the past two years in line with its objective of building a future ready network to lead India’s data growth story.
In the last two years (FY 16 and FY 17), Airtel has deployed 180,000 mobile sites across India. This is same as the number of mobile sites deployed by the company in the first 20 years of operations, making it one the largest mobile network rollouts globally.
In November 2015, Airtel launched Project Leap, its nationwide network transformation program to build a future ready network. The Company has committed an investment of Rs 60,000 crores over three years under this program.
Airtel has also doubled its overall transmission capacity and increased the mobile backhaul capacity by eight times to roll out high-speed broadband network with 4G and 3G coverage in all 22 telecom circles. This deployment has been supported by addition of 14,500+ KM of fibre to Airtel’s national fibre backbone along with 3666 new fibre POP nodes (highest ever deployed in Airtel network in single year).
Abhay Savargaonkar, Director - Networks, Bharti Airtel said, “Airtel has been at the forefront of India’s telecom growth story and this record deployment underlines our commitment to building a world-class network of the future that will serve a digital India. This deployment will leverage our spectrum capacity and is yet another benchmark by Airtel in execution excellence. We are now in a position to ramp up future capacity on this network very quickly, giving us unmatched reach and agility. I want to thank our network partners for their support in this deployment.”
Airtel has been rated as the fastest mobile network in India by Ookla – the globally recognised leader in mobile speed tests and also a benchmark for reputed global operators. As per travel app RailYatri, Airtel has offers the widest mobile network coverage on the go.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
Wipro Positioned as a Leader in NelsonHall's Big Data and Analytics NEAT Report 2017 Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading global information technology, consulting, and business process services company, today announced that it has been positioned as a 'Leader' in the NelsonHall Vendor Evaluation & Assessment Tool (NEAT) report for Big Data & Analytics 2017. The report authored by Dominique Raviart was published in January 2017.
- Cisco Inaugurates Cyber Range Lab in India
- UTStarcom to Expand its Footprint in India
- AKAI Introduces a New Range of Energy Efficient Air Conditioners
- Vodafone Unveils Truly Unlimited Plans for International Travelers
- Vodafone is First Global IoT Provider to Pass 50 Million Connections
- Telenor India Spreads the Joy of Reading amongst Children to Celebrate World Book Day
- TCS Wins Oracle Integrated Cloud Partner of the Year Award in UK & Ireland
- ItzCash Voted Amongst the most Trusted BFSI Brand in India
- Aircel app wins MoneyTech Award for Best Innovation in Data Solution
- CES Asia and Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park Bring Spotlight to Startups at CES Asia 2017
- Airtel Holiday Surprises offer: 30GB free data for 3 months, new international roaming rates to counter Reliance Jio
- Xenture Technologies Expand Global Footprint
- NetApp Creates Social Impact through its Multi-pronged Approach
- FarEye Makes India Proud!
- Make the most of now With the Data Strong Network