In one of the largest network rollouts globally deploys 180,000 mobile sites in the last two years, which is same as total sites deployed in the first 20 years of operations
Deployment to leverage its robust spectrum portfolio and create capacity to lead India’s data growth story
Deployment is part of Project Leap – Airtel’s network transformation program with an investment commitment of Rs 60,000 crore.
Airtel now offers the widest network with 4G and 3G coverage in all 22 circles
Airtel has been rated as the fastest mobile network in India by Ookla – the global leader in mobile speed tests
Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s largest telecommunications services provider, today said that it doubled its mobile network deployment over the past two years in line with its objective of building a future ready network to lead India’s data growth story.
In the last two years (FY 16 and FY 17), Airtel has deployed 180,000 mobile sites across India. This is same as the number of mobile sites deployed by the company in the first 20 years of operations, making it one the largest mobile network rollouts globally.
In November 2015, Airtel launched Project Leap, its nationwide network transformation program to build a future ready network. The Company has committed an investment of Rs 60,000 crores over three years under this program.
Airtel has also doubled its overall transmission capacity and increased the mobile backhaul capacity by eight times to roll out high-speed broadband network with 4G and 3G coverage in all 22 telecom circles. This deployment has been supported by addition of 14,500+ KM of fibre to Airtel’s national fibre backbone along with 3666 new fibre POP nodes (highest ever deployed in Airtel network in single year).
Abhay Savargaonkar, Director - Networks, Bharti Airtel said, “Airtel has been at the forefront of India’s telecom growth story and this record deployment underlines our commitment to building a world-class network of the future that will serve a digital India. This deployment will leverage our spectrum capacity and is yet another benchmark by Airtel in execution excellence. We are now in a position to ramp up future capacity on this network very quickly, giving us unmatched reach and agility. I want to thank our network partners for their support in this deployment.”
Airtel has been rated as the fastest mobile network in India by Ookla – the globally recognised leader in mobile speed tests and also a benchmark for reputed global operators. As per travel app RailYatri, Airtel has offers the widest mobile network coverage on the go.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
Dell Empowers India's Youth with Technology-enabled Learning Dell Empowers India's Youth with Technology-enabled Learning Dell completed a milestone of 10 years of ‘Dell Giving’ in India. Through Dell Youth Learning initiatives, which focus on improving learning outcomes in schools by providing technology access – the company has successfully empowered students across 5000+ schools across the country in the last ten years. Dell
- How to make Madras Lamb Curry - Cooked with a medley of spices this lamb curry is simply delicious.
- Wipro Digital to acquire Cooper, a leader in UX and interaction design, and expand Designit's capabilities
- HTC Vive Announces Fallout 4 VR Bundle; New Vive Purchases Include Highly Anticipated Fallout 4 VR
- IDC: OnePlus Captures 57 percent Premium Online Smartphone Market
- Videcon WallcamPartners With Vodafone AnnouncesLaunch of IndustryFirst4GEnabled CCTV Solution
- Trabug Launches India's First Mobility Solution for the Inbound Travellers
- CSPs See Cloud Technology Investments as Critical to Improving Customer Experience
- Vodafone First Telecom Operator to Partner with ALTBalaji for Original Content on Vodafone Play
- ixigo Named the Fastest Growing Mobile Travel App in India
- Vodafone Partners LAVA to offer Complete Cash Back on Feature Phone
- Wipro Joins Automotive Grade Linux to Accelerate Open Source Adoption
- Airtel Forges Strategic Partnership with SK Telecom - the Most Advanced Mobile Broadband Operator in the World
- Jaguar Land Rover Racing Ahead with Electrification
- Airtel Launches VoLTE; Services go Live in Mumbai
- Zinnov Positions Wipro in the 'Leadership Zone' for Robotic Automation Services 2017