In one of the largest network rollouts globally deploys 180,000 mobile sites in the last two years, which is same as total sites deployed in the first 20 years of operations
Deployment to leverage its robust spectrum portfolio and create capacity to lead India’s data growth story
Deployment is part of Project Leap – Airtel’s network transformation program with an investment commitment of Rs 60,000 crore.
Airtel now offers the widest network with 4G and 3G coverage in all 22 circles
Airtel has been rated as the fastest mobile network in India by Ookla – the global leader in mobile speed tests
Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s largest telecommunications services provider, today said that it doubled its mobile network deployment over the past two years in line with its objective of building a future ready network to lead India’s data growth story.
In the last two years (FY 16 and FY 17), Airtel has deployed 180,000 mobile sites across India. This is same as the number of mobile sites deployed by the company in the first 20 years of operations, making it one the largest mobile network rollouts globally.
In November 2015, Airtel launched Project Leap, its nationwide network transformation program to build a future ready network. The Company has committed an investment of Rs 60,000 crores over three years under this program.
Airtel has also doubled its overall transmission capacity and increased the mobile backhaul capacity by eight times to roll out high-speed broadband network with 4G and 3G coverage in all 22 telecom circles. This deployment has been supported by addition of 14,500+ KM of fibre to Airtel’s national fibre backbone along with 3666 new fibre POP nodes (highest ever deployed in Airtel network in single year).
Abhay Savargaonkar, Director - Networks, Bharti Airtel said, “Airtel has been at the forefront of India’s telecom growth story and this record deployment underlines our commitment to building a world-class network of the future that will serve a digital India. This deployment will leverage our spectrum capacity and is yet another benchmark by Airtel in execution excellence. We are now in a position to ramp up future capacity on this network very quickly, giving us unmatched reach and agility. I want to thank our network partners for their support in this deployment.”
Airtel has been rated as the fastest mobile network in India by Ookla – the globally recognised leader in mobile speed tests and also a benchmark for reputed global operators. As per travel app RailYatri, Airtel has offers the widest mobile network coverage on the go.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
NIIT Accredited by Learning and Performance Institute for the Second Consecutive Year NIIT Accredited by Learning and Performance Institute for the Second Consecutive Year NIIT Limited, a leading provider of managed training services announced today that it has earned the status of Accredited Learning Provider for the second consecutive year. NIIT was awarded the accreditation for its “commitment to high quality and process improvement in the provision of learning, development and training services to clients” by the Learning and Performance Institute (LPI), UK.
- GolfLan Introduce Worlds First Made in India Cloud Based Smart Golf Solutions for Global
- ICT Academy and Autodesk Announce India Design Week 2017
- Gracenote Delivers Automated TV Channel Monitoring and Reporting Solution to Broadcasters with TV Street Maps 2.0
- Airtel and Intex Join Hands to Launch a Range of Affordable 4G Smartphones Starting at Just Rs. 1649
- Payza Wins E commerce International Payment Processor Award from Stars of the Industry
- Vodafone Introduces Noidas First Free Wi Fi Enabled Bus Shelter
- Online Mutual Fund Investment Platform FundzBazar has Launched Single-stop Facility to Link Aadhaar to MF Folios
- Planet Taps Antrix ISROs PSLV for Third Time to Launch Four Dove Satellites
- pCloudy Launches Certifaya - The Artificial Intelligence Powered App Testing BOT to Speed up Software Testing
- Bahwan CyberTek Wins Order from Ecoren Energy
- Hathway Partners with Microsoft to Provide an Unbeatable Combination for the Digital Generation
- Coverfox Opens Up its Technology for Agents and Micro Entrepreneurs
- New DevOps Solutions from CA Drive Faster, Smarter Development and Better Customer Experiences
- Over 9000 Students of Business Management and Engineering Colleges Participate in 'The Hero Campus Challenge'
- Eastern Communications Partners with Tata Consultancy Services for OSS/BSS Transformation