Planet, an integrated aerospace and data analytics company, announced today that four of Planet’s Dove spacecraft will be launched aboard the forthcoming PSLV-C40 flight, scheduled to fly in early January 2018. The announcement was made in the backdrop of the eighth annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) in Hyderabad, India on 28-30 November, 2017. The primary payload for this mission is a Cartosat-2 Series satellite; Planet’s four satellites will ride as secondary payloads in this mission.
This is the third time in less than 24 months that Planet will launch from India on a PSLV rocket. In February 2017, 88 Planet Dove satellites, the largest satellite constellation ever to reach orbit, travelled on the PSLV-C37 as part of ISRO’s record-breaking launch of 104 satellites.
The four Dove satellites on this launch are tech demos responsible for testing improvements to several of the satellite subsystems, including the camera technology, thermal control, and altitude determination & control system. Planet launches tech demo satellites several times a year to ensure they are using the latest and most advanced technology. These advancements are then incorporated into future operational fleets.
“We’ve been very pleased with our working relationship with Antrix Corporation Limited (Antrix), the commercial arm of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). When Planet proposed to send a record-breaking 88 satellites to orbit on a single launch, they accepted the challenge without hesitation, and they delivered,” said Karthik Govindhasamy, CTO and EVP of Engineering at Planet. “We’re excited to be back in India working with their team and look forward to a successful launch.”
“We have a rich history with Planet and we are proud to be a reliable launch partner that they can count on for consistent and timely launches,” said Rakesh S, Chairman and Managing Director, Antrix Corporation Limited. “Planet’s appetite for launch capacity is impressive and we’re excited that the PSLV continues to meet their needs.”
About Planet ..Planet is an integrated aerospace and data analytics company that operates history's largest fleet of Earth-imaging satellites, collecting a massive amount of information about our changing planet. Planet is driven by a mission to image the entire Earth every day, and make global change visible, accessible and actionable. Founded in 2010 by three NASA scientists, Planet designs, builds and operates over 190 satellites, and develops the online software and tools that serves data to users. Decision makers in business, government, and within organizations use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
Wipro Partners with and Invests in Headspin to Deliver Next-Generation Mobility Wipro Partners with and Invests in Headspin to Deliver Next-Generation Mobility Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company, today announced a partnership with Headspin, a San Francisco-based powerful, easy-to-use mobile experience platform, to offer next-generation mobility quality engineering and testing solutions on global mobile networks. Wipro Ventures, the strategic investment arm of Wipro Li
- GolfLan Introduce Worlds First Made in India Cloud Based Smart Golf Solutions for Global
- NIIT Accredited by Learning and Performance Institute for the Second Consecutive Year
- ICT Academy and Autodesk Announce India Design Week 2017
- Gracenote Delivers Automated TV Channel Monitoring and Reporting Solution to Broadcasters with TV Street Maps 2.0
- Airtel and Intex Join Hands to Launch a Range of Affordable 4G Smartphones Starting at Just Rs. 1649
- Payza Wins E commerce International Payment Processor Award from Stars of the Industry
- Vodafone Introduces Noidas First Free Wi Fi Enabled Bus Shelter
- Online Mutual Fund Investment Platform FundzBazar has Launched Single-stop Facility to Link Aadhaar to MF Folios
- Planet Taps Antrix ISROs PSLV for Third Time to Launch Four Dove Satellites
- pCloudy Launches Certifaya - The Artificial Intelligence Powered App Testing BOT to Speed up Software Testing
- Bahwan CyberTek Wins Order from Ecoren Energy
- Hathway Partners with Microsoft to Provide an Unbeatable Combination for the Digital Generation
- Coverfox Opens Up its Technology for Agents and Micro Entrepreneurs
- New DevOps Solutions from CA Drive Faster, Smarter Development and Better Customer Experiences
- Over 9000 Students of Business Management and Engineering Colleges Participate in 'The Hero Campus Challenge'