Gracenote TV Street Maps 2.0 automates the tedious task of manual TV channel monitoring with time-stamped data across all cable operators. With TV Street Maps 2.0, broadcasters can now get the most accurate channel distribution data, drive viewership and ratings and improve operator compliance of distribution agreements that may include carriage fees. In addition, Indian broadcasters can more easily identify new market opportunities as well as unlawful display of their channels through piracy. This level of visibility enables broadcasters to identify new distribution markets to pursue and negotiate new subscription fees from outlying cable operators.
The India TV market is one of the most complex video markets in the world with TV channel line-ups varying from day to day and operator to operator. In fact, India has an estimated 1,000 digital operators delivering linear television to 175 million households around the country. The challenge is that each operator can add, remove or change the position of channels at their discretion and without notice to broadcasters. On average, there are approximately 300 to 350 channel line-up changes occurring every week. These changescan impact tune-in, significantly impair ratings and inaccurately calculate cable operator carriage fees for broadcasters.
“As India continues its digital transformation, we are now tasked with creating the next generation of tools, platforms and services that will help monetize viewership across the digital video ecosystem,” said Geet Lulla, Managing Director of India, APAC and Middle East at Gracenote. “With TV Street Maps 2.0, Gracenote is giving broadcasters the ability to more easily and effectively monitor their channels, analyze channel positions and provide a means to audit digital operators in near real-time.”
TV Street Maps 2.0 monitoring is done using Remote Capture Devices that automatically capture TV channel line-ups with geo-tagged locations directly from set-top boxes. Leveraging the data directly from set-top boxes also enables push alerts to customers when channels are switched off or placement shifts. Gracenote broadcast customers will also enjoy robust reporting capabilities including live data dashboards, channel availability, placement and neighborhood reports that help broadcasters them assess the impact of channel distribution and viewership ratings.
TV Street Maps 2.0 will be available to Indian broadcasters in December 2017.
Gracenote, a Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) company, provides music, video and sports content and technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the standard for music and video recognition and is supported by the largest source of entertainment data, featuring descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions. Gracenote is headquartered in Emeryville, Calif and supports customers around the globe.
For more information, visit www.gracenote.com.
Wipro Partners with and Invests in Headspin to Deliver Next-Generation Mobility Wipro Partners with and Invests in Headspin to Deliver Next-Generation Mobility Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company, today announced a partnership with Headspin, a San Francisco-based powerful, easy-to-use mobile experience platform, to offer next-generation mobility quality engineering and testing solutions on global mobile networks. Wipro Ventures, the strategic investment arm of Wipro Li
- GolfLan Introduce Worlds First Made in India Cloud Based Smart Golf Solutions for Global
- NIIT Accredited by Learning and Performance Institute for the Second Consecutive Year
- ICT Academy and Autodesk Announce India Design Week 2017
- Gracenote Delivers Automated TV Channel Monitoring and Reporting Solution to Broadcasters with TV Street Maps 2.0
- Airtel and Intex Join Hands to Launch a Range of Affordable 4G Smartphones Starting at Just Rs. 1649
- Payza Wins E commerce International Payment Processor Award from Stars of the Industry
- Vodafone Introduces Noidas First Free Wi Fi Enabled Bus Shelter
- Online Mutual Fund Investment Platform FundzBazar has Launched Single-stop Facility to Link Aadhaar to MF Folios
- Planet Taps Antrix ISROs PSLV for Third Time to Launch Four Dove Satellites
- pCloudy Launches Certifaya - The Artificial Intelligence Powered App Testing BOT to Speed up Software Testing
- Bahwan CyberTek Wins Order from Ecoren Energy
- Hathway Partners with Microsoft to Provide an Unbeatable Combination for the Digital Generation
- Coverfox Opens Up its Technology for Agents and Micro Entrepreneurs
- New DevOps Solutions from CA Drive Faster, Smarter Development and Better Customer Experiences
- Over 9000 Students of Business Management and Engineering Colleges Participate in 'The Hero Campus Challenge'