- Gram flour (besan) sieved 2 cups
- Yogurt beaten 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilli-ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Soda bicarbonate 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
- Coconut scraped 1/2 cup
- Take gram flour in a bowl. Add yogurt and approximately one cup of warm water and mix. Avoid lumps. Add salt and mix again.
- Leave it aside to ferment for three to four hours. When gram flour mixture has fermented, add turmeric powder and green chilli-ginger paste. Mix.
- Heat the steamer. Grease a thali. In a small bowl take lemon juice, soda bicarbonate, one teaspoon of oil and mix.
- Add it to the batter and whisk briskly. Pour batter into the greased thali and place it in the steamer.
- Cover with the lid and steam for ten minutes. When a little cool, cut into squares and keep in a serving bowl/plate.
- Heat remaining oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds. When the seeds begin to crackle, remove and pour over the dhoklas.
- Serve, garnished with chopped coriander leaves and scraped coconut.
5 recipes for happiness 5 recipes for happiness Food is something that everyone finds comfort in, but there are a certain set of food which are scientifically proven to give your brain a warm hug and lift you out of a depressed mood. This World Health Day we are talking depression, so here are 5 delicious creations loaded with ingredients that make a recipe for happiness – quite literally!
- Instant Ragi Uttapam How to make Instant Ragi Uttapam - Ragi uttapams mixed with spices
- How to make Peethiwali Puri with Aloo Chana
- 10 tips and tricks to upgrade your cheesecake game
- Happy daughter's week.
- How to make Mango Quinoa Salad - A double whammy
- How to make Pav Bhaji Schezwan Style - Pav bhaji made with Schezwan chutney and served in noodle baskets.
- How to make Oatmeal and Mushroom Breakfast Stir Fry - A healthy breakfast platter with stir fried oats and mushrooms with fried egg.
- How to make Poha Chicken Bhujing