You don’t have to be from Gujarat to have tasted a khaman dhokla. A thick fermented gram flour and yogurt batter steamed till it’s like a soft fluffy pillow. Cooled, cut into squares tempered with mustard seeds and garnished with fresh coriander and scraped coconut – a dhokla is Gujarat’s pride. This very same dhokla can be crumbed and served with accompaniments like assorted chutneys, fried green chillies and a delicious raw papaya salad in a different avatar known as khaman. My mother-in-law adds a pinch of sugar to the batter to match every Guajarati’s love for a hint of sweetness in their food. Minus the time it takes for fermentation, it is a quick recipe which makes a delicious snack anytime of the day.
How to make Poha Chicken Bhujing How to make Poha Chicken Bhujing How many times have we thought rice is a blessing? We use it for holy purposes but we also can pressure up a quick pulao or khichdi when hunger pangs are drumming away! This is one grain that is about 98% percent digestible. In India we are familiar with Basmati, Patna or brown rice but it is also available as Italian Rice and Glutinous Rice which is popular in Chinese and Japanese cuisines. You can also find more Main Course Chicken recipes like Spicy Fire Chi
- 5 recipes for happiness
- Instant Ragi Uttapam How to make Instant Ragi Uttapam - Ragi uttapams mixed with spices
- How to make Peethiwali Puri with Aloo Chana
- 10 tips and tricks to upgrade your cheesecake game
- Happy daughter's week.
- How to make Mango Quinoa Salad - A double whammy
- How to make Pav Bhaji Schezwan Style - Pav bhaji made with Schezwan chutney and served in noodle baskets.
- How to make Oatmeal and Mushroom Breakfast Stir Fry - A healthy breakfast platter with stir fried oats and mushrooms with fried egg.