The creamy goodness of a cheesecake coupled with the crunchy salty base is the best kind of heaven for every dessert lover craves for. Eating it is a piece of (cheese) cake making the perfect cheesecake can be riddled with a few roadblocks. Here are best 10 cheesecake tips and tricks you can find on the internet to get that smooth creamy crack free (yes, crack free!) cheesecake.
1. Select the right bakeware
Use a spring bottom pan, it makes demoulding your cheesecake a breeze and keeps the most important part i.e. the crunchy base intact!
Prebaking the crust ensures it remains super crunchy. It is not something you HAVE to do, but it helps a great deal. You will know the difference only once you try it.
3. Mix it right
Over or under mixing can completely ruin the texture of your cheesecake. If you don’t mix it well enough your cheesecake with be riddles with lumps and over mixing removes all the air that you carefully incorporated and makes your final product more prone to cracks. The best thing to do is give it a real good mix before adding in eggs and then just fold in the batter.
4. Cheat code
A cheesecake should ideally be made only of cheese and cream, but adding a tiny hint of cornflour to the batter is a fullproof way to ensure it is crack free and sets well.
5. Use a water bath
Most recipes may not call for it, but a great way to avoid your cheesecake from cracking is to bake it in a water bath. The water bath helps control the temperature making sure your cheesecake cooks evenly.
6. Do the wobble test
To check the doneness of the cheesecake give it a little shake after the minimum baking time is done. When the sides are firmly set and the center still slightly wobbly – your cheesecake is done. Over baking the cheesecake will make it dry and also cause it to crack.
7. …for a crack free cheesecake
Once your cheesecake is out of the oven, run a knife around the rim to prevent it from sinking in the middle and to avoid cracks around it. A cheesecake will pull off the sides slightly as it cools, skipping this step will give you a cheesecake with a clear crack between the center and the edges.
8. Temperature is key
Never demould a hot cheese cake. A cheesecake compresses slightly when it cools which gets rid of any cracks that may have formed because of expansion during the baking process.
9. Cut the perfect slice
To cut your cheesecake into perfect slices use a long thin non serrated knife. Dip it in warm water before every use to get really neat edges and then use a cake slice to transfer it onto a plate.
10. Serve it with sass
If you have followed all of these tips, your cheesecake is going to be way to perfect to even need a garnish or accompaniment but fresh fruit compotes and chocolate curls work great brilliantly and of course that one dollop of whipped cream on the side!
Check out the brilliant cheesecake recipes on sanjeevkapoor.com and let the baking begin!
How to make French Toast Pudding - Egg-milk mixture poured over toasted bread cubes and baked. How to make French Toast Pudding - Egg-milk mixture poured over toasted bread cubes and baked | How to make French Toast Pudding - Egg-milk mixture poured over toasted bread cubes and baked. | food funda of How to make French Toast Pudding - Egg-milk mixture poured over toasted bread cubes and baked.
- A Mexican snack spicy corn mixture and cheese wrapped in tortillas and baked food
- How to make Gulabari Kofta Biryani - Rice cooked with mutton kofta and flavoured generously with rose water and rose petals.
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy !
- Andhra Chicken Pickle Recipe Card
- How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa
- Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian Recipe Card
- How to make Roasted Coconut Laddoos - Roasting the coconut gives these laddoos a fantastic nutty flavour.
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast - Boneless mutton cooked and cooked in ghee with a roasted spice masala.
- How to make Vegetable Biryani - Layers of long grain basmati rice and mixed vegetables cooked under dum
- How to make Gulabari Kofta Biryani - Rice cooked with mutton kofta and flavoured generously with rose water and rose pet
- Lemon Rice Recipe
- Rap with a Wrap at SUBWAY
- Top ten egg Recipes
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl - A complete Thai meal in a bowl new recipe
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.