The creamy goodness of a cheesecake coupled with the crunchy salty base is the best kind of heaven for every dessert lover craves for. Eating it is a piece of (cheese) cake making the perfect cheesecake can be riddled with a few roadblocks. Here are best 10 cheesecake tips and tricks you can find on the internet to get that smooth creamy crack free (yes, crack free!) cheesecake.
1. Select the right bakeware
Use a spring bottom pan, it makes demoulding your cheesecake a breeze and keeps the most important part i.e. the crunchy base intact!
Prebaking the crust ensures it remains super crunchy. It is not something you HAVE to do, but it helps a great deal. You will know the difference only once you try it.
3. Mix it right
Over or under mixing can completely ruin the texture of your cheesecake. If you don’t mix it well enough your cheesecake with be riddles with lumps and over mixing removes all the air that you carefully incorporated and makes your final product more prone to cracks. The best thing to do is give it a real good mix before adding in eggs and then just fold in the batter.
4. Cheat code
A cheesecake should ideally be made only of cheese and cream, but adding a tiny hint of cornflour to the batter is a fullproof way to ensure it is crack free and sets well.
5. Use a water bath
Most recipes may not call for it, but a great way to avoid your cheesecake from cracking is to bake it in a water bath. The water bath helps control the temperature making sure your cheesecake cooks evenly.
6. Do the wobble test
To check the doneness of the cheesecake give it a little shake after the minimum baking time is done. When the sides are firmly set and the center still slightly wobbly – your cheesecake is done. Over baking the cheesecake will make it dry and also cause it to crack.
7. …for a crack free cheesecake
Once your cheesecake is out of the oven, run a knife around the rim to prevent it from sinking in the middle and to avoid cracks around it. A cheesecake will pull off the sides slightly as it cools, skipping this step will give you a cheesecake with a clear crack between the center and the edges.
8. Temperature is key
Never demould a hot cheese cake. A cheesecake compresses slightly when it cools which gets rid of any cracks that may have formed because of expansion during the baking process.
9. Cut the perfect slice
To cut your cheesecake into perfect slices use a long thin non serrated knife. Dip it in warm water before every use to get really neat edges and then use a cake slice to transfer it onto a plate.
10. Serve it with sass
If you have followed all of these tips, your cheesecake is going to be way to perfect to even need a garnish or accompaniment but fresh fruit compotes and chocolate curls work great brilliantly and of course that one dollop of whipped cream on the side!
Check out the brilliant cheesecake recipes on sanjeevkapoor.com and let the baking begin!
How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa Be a kid or a teenage or an adult or an oldie, chicken lovers trend all over the world at all times! One meat that is a favourite of all beyond belief! When cooked, it can be presented in many guises. Sauté it, fry it, toss it, bake it, steam it – eat it the way you want to. Whatever its form may be upon being cooked, its flavour may change but its flesh remains high in protein, low in fat and can be digested easily.
- How to make Andhra Chicken Fry - This chicken delicacy comes to you all the way from Andhra.
- How to make Smokey Chicken Stir Fry - chicken pieces smoked and then cooked with flavourful spices and vegetables.
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast - Boneless mutton cooked and cooked in ghee with a roasted spice masala.
- How to make Poha Chicken Bhujing - Marinated chicken and potatoes pan roasted and further cooked with pressed rice and a flavourful masala.
- How to make Poha Chicken Hot Bhujing
- How to make Pav Bhaji Schezwan Style - Pav bhaji made with Schezwan chutney and served in noodle baskets.
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors
- Instant Ragi Uttapam How to make Instant Ragi Uttapam
- Burnt Garlic Mushroom Soup Recipe Card
- How to make Peethiwali Puri with Aloo Chana
- Top 15 food trends of 2017
- How to make Mango Quinoa Salad - A double whammy
- How to make Oatmeal and Mushroom Breakfast Stir Fry - A healthy breakfast platter with stir fried oats and mushrooms with fried egg.
- Panchakhadya Recipe Card
- California Walnut Commission Participates in the INC World Nut and Dried Fruit Congress in Chennai