How many times have we thought rice is a blessing? We use it for holy purposes but we also can pressure up a quick pulao or khichdi when hunger pangs are drumming away! This is one grain that is about 98% percent digestible. In India we are familiar with Basmati, Patna or brown rice but it is also available as Italian Rice and Glutinous Rice which is popular in Chinese and Japanese cuisines.
You can also find more Main Course Chicken recipes like Indo-Chinese Pan Roasted Chicken, Chicken and Mushroom Bake, Murgh Sabz Resham, Chengfu Chicken.
Prep Time : 31-40 minutes
Cook time : 26-30 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Poha Chicken Bhujing Recipe
Pressed rice (poha) 2 cups
Chicken legs boneless, cut into 1 inch pieces 400 grams
Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
Potatoes thickly sliced with skin 2 medium
Oil 6 tablespoons
Ghee as required
Garlic cloves 4-5
Green chillies 2
Ginger 1 inch
Dried coconut ( khopra) grated ½ cup
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder ½ teaspoon
Onions sliced 2 medium
Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
Wash the pressed rice under running water and set aside.
Heat a piece of coal on direct flame.
Take chicken pieces in a bowl. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder and potatoes, mix and set aside to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan. Add marinated chicken mixture and cook on high heat for 5-6 minutes. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Transfer the cooked chicken mixture into a bowl. Place a steel katori in the centre and put the hot piece of coal in it. Pour some ghee on it and cover the bowl immediately. Set aside for 2-3 minutes.
Blend together garlic, green chillies, ginger, coconut, chilli powder and garam masala powder to a coarse paste with very little water.
Heat remaining oil in another non-stick pan. Add onions and sauté till golden brown.
Add the coconut paste, mix and sauté till oil separates. Add remaining turmeric powder, mix and sauté for a few seconds.
Add smoked chicken mixture and pressed rice and mix well. Adjust the seasoning and sprinkle some water.Cover and cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
How to make Dry Chilli Chicken How to make Dry Chilli Chicken Be a kid or a teenage or an adult or an oldie, chicken lovers trend all over the world at all times! One meat that is a favourite of all beyond belief! When cooked, it can be presented in many guises. Sauté it, fry it, toss it, bake it, steam it – eat it the way you want to. Whatever its form may be upon being cooked, its flavour may change but its flesh remains high in protein, low in fat and can be digested easily.
- How to make Indo-Chinese Pan Roasted Chicken
- How to make Agri Mutton
- Gongura Chicken Recipe Card
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors, this brinjal preparation from Andhra is irresistible.
- How to make Hara Masala Kofta Pulao Mutton mince kofte cooked with basmati rice and green chutney very very taste.
- A Mexican snack spicy corn mixture and cheese wrapped in tortillas and baked food
- How to make Cheesy Eggplant Casserol
- How to make Palak Paneer
- How to make Ginger Chicken
- Strawberry Detox Water Recipe Card
- How to make Goan Chicken Stew Chicken stew made in Goan style
- 5 soups to brighten a rainy day
- How to make Chocolate Peda - Chocolate insinuates itself into every confection, including peda
- 7 winter stews from around the world
- How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice