Coastal cuisine of India loves the coconut. Be it Goan or Malwani, Karnatak, Tamilian or from Kerala, the taste of coconut reigns supreme. Think about a rich fish curry and try making it obliterating the coconut! It will pass off as a fake. Very correctly termed as the ‘plant of life,’ each and every part of the coconut plant is useful in one or the other way.
For more recipes related to Panchakhadya checkout Roasted Coconut Laddoos. You can also find more Mithais recipes like Khajoori Farhali Laddoo, Churi, Pinni, Pista Surprise.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 6-10 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Sweet
Ingredients for Panchakhadya Recipe
Dried coconut ( khopra) grated 2 cups
Poppy seeds (khuskhus/posto) 2 tablespoons
Roasted almonds chopped 4-5
Pistachios roasted, chopped 8-10
Cashewnuts roasted, chopped 5-6
Dried dates (chuhare) roughly chopped 4-5
Powdered sugar 4 tablespoons
Green cardamom powder a pinch
Nutmeg powder a pinch
Dry roast coconut and poppy seeds separately on low heat till golden brown and crisp. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Mix together roasted coconut, poppy seeds, almonds, pistachios, cashewnuts and dates in a bowl.
Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well.
Chocolate Burfi Recipe Chocolate Burfi Recipe History of Indian cuisine dates back to nearly 5,000-years ago when various groups and cultures interacted with India that led to a diversity of flavours and regional cuisines.Indian cuisine comprises of a number of regional cuisines. The diversity in soil type, climate, culture, ethnic group and occupations, these cuisines differ from each other mainly due to the use of locally available spices
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Chicken Stroganoff - Chicken cooked in creamy tomato sauce flavored with mushrooms
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors, this brinjal preparation from Andhra is irresistible
- How to make Cronut Sandwich - Deep-fried cronuts
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Burnt Garlic Mushroom Soup
- Top 15 food trends of 2017
- How to make Breakfast Burrito - Start your day on a delicious note with this tortilla burrito
- How to make Tomato Pickle
- How to make Dal Tadka
- How to make French Toast Pudding - Egg-milk mixture poured over toasted bread cubes and baked.
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa
- How to make Roasted Coconut Laddoos - Roasting the coconut gives these laddoos a fantastic nutty flavour.