Coastal cuisine of India loves the coconut. Be it Goan or Malwani, Karnatak, Tamilian or from Kerala, the taste of coconut reigns supreme. Think about a rich fish curry and try making it obliterating the coconut! It will pass off as a fake. Very correctly termed as the ‘plant of life,’ each and every part of the coconut plant is useful in one or the other way.
For more recipes related to Panchakhadya checkout Roasted Coconut Laddoos. You can also find more Mithais recipes like Khajoori Farhali Laddoo, Churi, Pinni, Pista Surprise.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 6-10 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Sweet
Ingredients for Panchakhadya Recipe
Dried coconut ( khopra) grated 2 cups
Poppy seeds (khuskhus/posto) 2 tablespoons
Roasted almonds chopped 4-5
Pistachios roasted, chopped 8-10
Cashewnuts roasted, chopped 5-6
Dried dates (chuhare) roughly chopped 4-5
Powdered sugar 4 tablespoons
Green cardamom powder a pinch
Nutmeg powder a pinch
Dry roast coconut and poppy seeds separately on low heat till golden brown and crisp. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Mix together roasted coconut, poppy seeds, almonds, pistachios, cashewnuts and dates in a bowl.
Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well.
How to make Mango Quinoa Salad - A double whammy Fusion cuisine is one that combines elements of different culinary traditions. Cuisines of this type are not categorized according to any one particular cuisine style and have played a part in a number of innovations.Fusion food is a general term for the combination of various forms of cookery and comes in several forms.
- How to make Oatmeal and Mushroom Breakfast Stir Fry - A healthy breakfast platter with stir fried oats and mushrooms with fried egg.
- Panchakhadya Recipe Card
- California Walnut Commission Participates in the INC World Nut and Dried Fruit Congress in Chennai
- Lemon Rice Recipe
- Top 10 recipes from a Spanish tapa bar
- Instant Ragi Uttapam How to make Instant Ragi Uttapam
- This is a Sanjeev Kapoor exclusive recipe.
- How to make Poha Chicken Bhujing - Marinated chicken and potatoes pan roasted and further cooked with pressed rice and a flavourful masala.
- How to make Poha Chicken Hot Bhujing
- 5 recipes for happiness
- How to make Peethiwali Puri with Aloo Chana
- 10 tips and tricks to upgrade your cheesecake game
- Happy daughter's week.
- How to make Pav Bhaji Schezwan Style - Pav bhaji made with Schezwan chutney and served in noodle baskets.
- How to make Khaman Dhokla