Coastal cuisine of India loves the coconut. Be it Goan or Malwani, Karnatak, Tamilian or from Kerala, the taste of coconut reigns supreme. Think about a rich fish curry and try making it obliterating the coconut! It will pass off as a fake. Very correctly termed as the ‘plant of life,’ each and every part of the coconut plant is useful in one or the other way.
For more recipes related to Panchakhadya checkout Roasted Coconut Laddoos. You can also find more Mithais recipes like Khajoori Farhali Laddoo, Churi, Pinni, Pista Surprise.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 6-10 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Sweet
Ingredients for Panchakhadya Recipe
Dried coconut ( khopra) grated 2 cups
Poppy seeds (khuskhus/posto) 2 tablespoons
Roasted almonds chopped 4-5
Pistachios roasted, chopped 8-10
Cashewnuts roasted, chopped 5-6
Dried dates (chuhare) roughly chopped 4-5
Powdered sugar 4 tablespoons
Green cardamom powder a pinch
Nutmeg powder a pinch
Dry roast coconut and poppy seeds separately on low heat till golden brown and crisp. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Mix together roasted coconut, poppy seeds, almonds, pistachios, cashewnuts and dates in a bowl.
Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well.
Top 15 food trends of 2017 Top 15 food trends of 2017 If you thought you have seen enough food laden super bowls in 2016, you better think again. In 2017 these just get bigger and better – right from smoothies, soups, salads, dirty fries and dirtier desserts – you can expect to get it all as super-sized bowls of happiness!
- Andhra Style Mutton Curry Recipe Card
- How to make Poha Chicken Hot Bhujing
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl - A complete Thai meal in a bowl new recipe
- Andhra Chicken Pickle Recipe Card
- How to make Bhaji Par Eeda - Parsis love eggs and they cook them in a variety of ways
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl - A complete Thai meal in a bowl
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani - Rich and tasty !
- How to make Gulabari Kofta Biryani - Rice cooked with mutton kofta and flavoured generously with rose water and rose petals.