Coastal cuisine of India loves the coconut. Be it Goan or Malwani, Karnatak, Tamilian or from Kerala, the taste of coconut reigns supreme. Think about a rich fish curry and try making it obliterating the coconut! It will pass off as a fake. Very correctly termed as the ‘plant of life,’ each and every part of the coconut plant is useful in one or the other way.
For more recipes related to Panchakhadya checkout Roasted Coconut Laddoos. You can also find more Mithais recipes like Khajoori Farhali Laddoo, Churi, Pinni, Pista Surprise.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 6-10 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Sweet
Ingredients for Panchakhadya Recipe
Dried coconut ( khopra) grated 2 cups
Poppy seeds (khuskhus/posto) 2 tablespoons
Roasted almonds chopped 4-5
Pistachios roasted, chopped 8-10
Cashewnuts roasted, chopped 5-6
Dried dates (chuhare) roughly chopped 4-5
Powdered sugar 4 tablespoons
Green cardamom powder a pinch
Nutmeg powder a pinch
Dry roast coconut and poppy seeds separately on low heat till golden brown and crisp. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Mix together roasted coconut, poppy seeds, almonds, pistachios, cashewnuts and dates in a bowl.
Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well.
How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy ! How to make Butter Chicken Biryani - Rich and tasty – this chicken biryani Punjabi food is wholesome and full of rustic flavour. The custom of cooking in community ovens or tandoors prevails in rural pockets even today. The cuisine is characterised by a profusion of dairy products in the form of malai, paneer and dahi. The dals are a speciality of this type of cuisine, made of whole pulses like black gram, green gram and Bengal gram.
- How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa
- How to make Vegetable Biryani - Layers of long grain basmati rice and mixed vegetables cooked under dum
- How to make Gulabari Kofta Biryani - Rice cooked with mutton kofta and flavoured generously with rose water and rose pet
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast - Boneless mutton cooked and cooked in ghee with a roasted spice masala.
- Lemon Rice Recipe
- Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian Recipe Card
- Rap with a Wrap at SUBWAY
- Top ten egg Recipes
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl - A complete Thai meal in a bowl new recipe
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Bhaji Par Eeda - Parsis love eggs and they cook them in a variety of ways
- Andhra Chicken Pickle Recipe Card
- Top 15 food trends of 2017
- Andhra Style Mutton Curry Recipe Card
- How to make Poha Chicken Hot Bhujing