Coastal cuisine of India loves the coconut. Be it Goan or Malwani, Karnatak, Tamilian or from Kerala, the taste of coconut reigns supreme. Think about a rich fish curry and try making it obliterating the coconut! It will pass off as a fake. Very correctly termed as the ‘plant of life,’ each and every part of the coconut plant is useful in one or the other way.
For more recipes related to Panchakhadya checkout Roasted Coconut Laddoos. You can also find more Mithais recipes like Khajoori Farhali Laddoo, Churi, Pinni, Pista Surprise.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 6-10 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Sweet
Ingredients for Panchakhadya Recipe
Dried coconut ( khopra) grated 2 cups
Poppy seeds (khuskhus/posto) 2 tablespoons
Roasted almonds chopped 4-5
Pistachios roasted, chopped 8-10
Cashewnuts roasted, chopped 5-6
Dried dates (chuhare) roughly chopped 4-5
Powdered sugar 4 tablespoons
Green cardamom powder a pinch
Nutmeg powder a pinch
Dry roast coconut and poppy seeds separately on low heat till golden brown and crisp. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Mix together roasted coconut, poppy seeds, almonds, pistachios, cashewnuts and dates in a bowl.
Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well.
Andhra Style Mutton Curry Recipe Card Andhra Style Mutton Curry Recipe Card What’s a biryani without some succulent pieces of mutton wrapped in a perfect blend of aromatic spices and herbs!? Yes, though other meats being more common, biryani eaters all over the world can easily swear by mutton. And not just biryanis, curries, bakes and all other preparations with this wonderful meat are always special. Did you know, unlike other dishes, a day-old mutton prep will always be all the more tastier
- Lime Lemony Lemon Grass
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani - Rich and tasty !
- Top 6 dreamy Chocolate Pudding recipes
- Aloo Bonda Recipe..Very yummy
- How to make Andhra Chicken Pickle !
- Top ten egg Recipes
- How to make Gongura Chicken
- How to make Roasted Coconut Laddoos - Roasting the coconut give
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast - Boneless mutton cooked and cooked in ghee with a roasted spice masala.
- Lemon Rice Recipe
- How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa
- How to make Andhra Chicken Fry - This chicken delicacy comes to you all the way from Andhra.
- How to make Smokey Chicken Stir Fry - chicken pieces smoked and then cooked with flavourful spices and vegetables.
- How to make Poha Chicken Bhujing - Marinated chicken and potatoes pan roasted and further cooked with pressed rice and a flavourful masala.
- How to make Poha Chicken Hot Bhujing