It is one of the easiest quickest and most delicious things to do with rice – freshly made or leftover from last night’s dinner. Cooked rice tossed in a tangy tempering of whole and powdered spices, crunchy peanuts, fresh coconut and plenty of lemon juice.
For more recipes related to Lemon Rice checkout Jeera Rice, Handi Biryani, Bisi Bele Huliyana, Brown Rice Vegetable Pilaf . You can also find more Rice recipes like Lotus Leaf Rice, Arroz Blanco, Naikulu, Bohri Khichdi.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 11-15 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Tangy
Ingredients for Lemon Rice Recipe
Rice boiled 1 1/2 cups
Lemon juice 3 tablespoons
Oil 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida a pinch
Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) 1/2 teaspoon
Split black gram skinless (dhuli urad dal) 1 tablespoon
Curry leaves 10-12
Whole dry red chillies broken 2
Turmeric powder 1/2 tablespoon
Peanuts 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Coconut fresh scraped 2 tablespoons
Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds, hing, methi, urad dal and sauté till the dal turns golden.
Add curry leaves, broken red chillies, turmeric powder and peanuts and continue to sauté. Add rice and salt and mix. Add lemon juice and mix well.
Cook on low heat till the rice gets heated through. Garnish with coconut and serve hot.
Calories : 2010
Carbohydrates : 265.6
Protein : 50.3
Fat : 82.7
Other : 15.4gm
Andhra Style Mutton Curry Recipe Card Andhra Style Mutton Curry Recipe Card What’s a biryani without some succulent pieces of mutton wrapped in a perfect blend of aromatic spices and herbs!? Yes, though other meats being more common, biryani eaters all over the world can easily swear by mutton. And not just biryanis, curries, bakes and all other preparations with this wonderful meat are always special. Did you know, unlike other dishes, a day-old mutton prep will always be all the more tastier
- Lime Lemony Lemon Grass
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani - Rich and tasty !
- Top 6 dreamy Chocolate Pudding recipes
- Aloo Bonda Recipe..Very yummy
- How to make Andhra Chicken Pickle !
- Top ten egg Recipes
- How to make Gongura Chicken
- How to make Roasted Coconut Laddoos - Roasting the coconut give
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast - Boneless mutton cooked and cooked in ghee with a roasted spice masala.
- Lemon Rice Recipe
- How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa
- How to make Andhra Chicken Fry - This chicken delicacy comes to you all the way from Andhra.
- How to make Smokey Chicken Stir Fry - chicken pieces smoked and then cooked with flavourful spices and vegetables.
- How to make Poha Chicken Bhujing - Marinated chicken and potatoes pan roasted and further cooked with pressed rice and a flavourful masala.
- How to make Poha Chicken Hot Bhujing