It is one of the easiest quickest and most delicious things to do with rice – freshly made or leftover from last night’s dinner. Cooked rice tossed in a tangy tempering of whole and powdered spices, crunchy peanuts, fresh coconut and plenty of lemon juice.
For more recipes related to Lemon Rice checkout Jeera Rice, Handi Biryani, Bisi Bele Huliyana, Brown Rice Vegetable Pilaf . You can also find more Rice recipes like Lotus Leaf Rice, Arroz Blanco, Naikulu, Bohri Khichdi.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 11-15 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Tangy
Ingredients for Lemon Rice Recipe
Rice boiled 1 1/2 cups
Lemon juice 3 tablespoons
Oil 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida a pinch
Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) 1/2 teaspoon
Split black gram skinless (dhuli urad dal) 1 tablespoon
Curry leaves 10-12
Whole dry red chillies broken 2
Turmeric powder 1/2 tablespoon
Peanuts 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Coconut fresh scraped 2 tablespoons
Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds, hing, methi, urad dal and sauté till the dal turns golden.
Add curry leaves, broken red chillies, turmeric powder and peanuts and continue to sauté. Add rice and salt and mix. Add lemon juice and mix well.
Cook on low heat till the rice gets heated through. Garnish with coconut and serve hot.
Calories : 2010
Carbohydrates : 265.6
Protein : 50.3
Fat : 82.7
Other : 15.4gm
Chocolate Burfi Recipe Chocolate Burfi Recipe History of Indian cuisine dates back to nearly 5,000-years ago when various groups and cultures interacted with India that led to a diversity of flavours and regional cuisines.Indian cuisine comprises of a number of regional cuisines. The diversity in soil type, climate, culture, ethnic group and occupations, these cuisines differ from each other mainly due to the use of locally available spices
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Chicken Stroganoff - Chicken cooked in creamy tomato sauce flavored with mushrooms
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors, this brinjal preparation from Andhra is irresistible
- How to make Cronut Sandwich - Deep-fried cronuts
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Burnt Garlic Mushroom Soup
- Top 15 food trends of 2017
- How to make Breakfast Burrito - Start your day on a delicious note with this tortilla burrito
- How to make Tomato Pickle
- How to make Dal Tadka
- How to make French Toast Pudding - Egg-milk mixture poured over toasted bread cubes and baked.
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa
- How to make Roasted Coconut Laddoos - Roasting the coconut gives these laddoos a fantastic nutty flavour.