Also called by names like aubergine and eggplant, this purple hued fleshy vegetable is a versatile thing and fun to cook with. Dish-up a very traditional bharta with it, bake a lasagna with parmesan and eggplant or just fry it for a great accompaniment with dal-chawal, brinjal is versatile. To choose one without seeds, pick the lighter one with a smooth shiny skin.
For more recipes related to Andhra Brinjal Pachadi checkout Bharli Vangi, Eggplant Chilli Garlic, Achari Baingan, Baingan Bharta . You can also find more Main Course Vegetarian recipes like Makai Ki Patal Bhaji, Parangikai Pulikai, Miloni Matar Mushroom, Paneer Steak In Chunky Tomato Sauce.
Prep Time : 6-10 minutes
Cook time : 16-20 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Andhra Brinjal Pachadi Recipe
Brinjals 5-6 small
Oil 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds ½ teaspoon
Black grams split skinless ¼ teaspoon
Curry leaves 8-10
Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Bengal gram (chana) split 1 teaspoon
Black grams split skinless ½ teaspoon
Coriander seeds ½ teaspoon
Dried red chillies 2-3
Oil ½ teaspoon
Rub ½ teaspoon oil on the brinjals and thread them on a metal skewer.
Roast over direct heat till their skin is completely charred and the brinjals are cooked. Transfer into a bowl, cover and set aside to cool.
To make spice powder, heat oil in a small non-stick pan. Add split Bengal gram, split black gram, coriander seeds and red chillies and sauté till light golden and fragrant. Remove from heat, cool and grind to a coarse powder.
Peel the roasted brinjals and cut into small cubes.
Heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add split black gram and sauté till golden.
Add curry leaves and brinjals, and sauté for 1 minute. Add spice powder and sauté for 1 minute.
Add lemon juice and salt, mix well and remove from heat.
Lemon Rice Recipe It is one of the easiest quickest and most delicious things to do with rice – freshly made or leftover from last night’s dinner. Cooked rice tossed in a tangy tempering of whole and powdered spices, crunchy peanuts, fresh coconut and plenty of lemon juice. For more recipes related to Lemon Rice checkout Jeera Rice, Handi Biryani, Bisi Bele Huliyana, Brown Rice Vegetable Pilaf . You can also find more Rice recipes like Lotus Leaf Rice, Arroz Blanco, Naikulu, Bohri Khichdi.
- How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa
- How to make Andhra Chicken Fry - This chicken delicacy comes to you all the way from Andhra.
- How to make Smokey Chicken Stir Fry - chicken pieces smoked and then cooked with flavourful spices and vegetables.
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast - Boneless mutton cooked and cooked in ghee with a roasted spice masala.
- How to make Poha Chicken Bhujing - Marinated chicken and potatoes pan roasted and further cooked with pressed rice and a flavourful masala.
- How to make Poha Chicken Hot Bhujing
- How to make Pav Bhaji Schezwan Style - Pav bhaji made with Schezwan chutney and served in noodle baskets.
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors
- Instant Ragi Uttapam How to make Instant Ragi Uttapam
- Burnt Garlic Mushroom Soup Recipe Card
- How to make Peethiwali Puri with Aloo Chana
- Top 15 food trends of 2017
- How to make Mango Quinoa Salad - A double whammy
- How to make Oatmeal and Mushroom Breakfast Stir Fry - A healthy breakfast platter with stir fried oats and mushrooms with fried egg.
- Panchakhadya Recipe Card