Also called by names like aubergine and eggplant, this purple hued fleshy vegetable is a versatile thing and fun to cook with. Dish-up a very traditional bharta with it, bake a lasagna with parmesan and eggplant or just fry it for a great accompaniment with dal-chawal, brinjal is versatile. To choose one without seeds, pick the lighter one with a smooth shiny skin.
For more recipes related to Andhra Brinjal Pachadi checkout Bharli Vangi, Eggplant Chilli Garlic, Achari Baingan, Baingan Bharta . You can also find more Main Course Vegetarian recipes like Makai Ki Patal Bhaji, Parangikai Pulikai, Miloni Matar Mushroom, Paneer Steak In Chunky Tomato Sauce.
Prep Time : 6-10 minutes
Cook time : 16-20 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Andhra Brinjal Pachadi Recipe
Brinjals 5-6 small
Oil 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds ½ teaspoon
Black grams split skinless ¼ teaspoon
Curry leaves 8-10
Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Bengal gram (chana) split 1 teaspoon
Black grams split skinless ½ teaspoon
Coriander seeds ½ teaspoon
Dried red chillies 2-3
Oil ½ teaspoon
Rub ½ teaspoon oil on the brinjals and thread them on a metal skewer.
Roast over direct heat till their skin is completely charred and the brinjals are cooked. Transfer into a bowl, cover and set aside to cool.
To make spice powder, heat oil in a small non-stick pan. Add split Bengal gram, split black gram, coriander seeds and red chillies and sauté till light golden and fragrant. Remove from heat, cool and grind to a coarse powder.
Peel the roasted brinjals and cut into small cubes.
Heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add split black gram and sauté till golden.
Add curry leaves and brinjals, and sauté for 1 minute. Add spice powder and sauté for 1 minute.
Add lemon juice and salt, mix well and remove from heat.
How to make Roasted Coconut Laddoos - Roasting the coconut gives these laddoos a fantastic nutty flavour. How to make Roasted Coconut Laddoos - Roasting the coconut gives these laddoos a fantastic nutty flavour. For more recipes related to Roasted Coconut Laddoos checkout Panchakhadya. You can also find more Mithais recipes like Besan Burfi, Date and Nut Parcels with Rabdi, Gulkand Shahi Tukda, Churme Meve Ke Laddoo.
- How to make Vegetable Biryani - Layers of long grain basmati rice and mixed vegetables cooked under dum
- How to make French Toast Pudding - Egg-milk mixture poured over toasted bread cubes and baked.
- A Mexican snack spicy corn mixture and cheese wrapped in tortillas and baked food
- How to make Gulabari Kofta Biryani - Rice cooked with mutton kofta and flavoured generously with rose water and rose petals.
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy !
- Andhra Chicken Pickle Recipe Card
- How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa
- Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian Recipe Card
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast - Boneless mutton cooked and cooked in ghee with a roasted spice masala.
- How to make Gulabari Kofta Biryani - Rice cooked with mutton kofta and flavoured generously with rose water and rose pet
- Lemon Rice Recipe
- Rap with a Wrap at SUBWAY
- Top ten egg Recipes
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl - A complete Thai meal in a bowl new recipe
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.