Punjabi food is wholesome and full of rustic flavour. The custom of cooking in community ovens or tandoors prevails in rural pockets even today. The cuisine is characterised by a profusion of dairy products in the form of malai, paneer and dahi. The dals are a speciality of this type of cuisine, made of whole pulses like black gram, green gram and Bengal gram. They are cooked on slow fire, often simmered for hours till they turn creamy and then flavoured with spices and rounded off with malai for that rich finish. The food is simply delicious.The most unique thing about cooking in a tandoor is the smoky flavour that the food gets making it tastier. Moreover it is a healthy way of cooking since minimum fat is required and the food generally gets cooked in its own juices thus retaining its natural flavours. Besides it is not only easy to digest, it is also very hygienic. In conclusion one can safely say that it is through tandoori cooking that Indian cuisine first got globally acknowledged.
You can also find more Rice recipes like Risotto With Three Cheeses, Sweet Rice With Fruits, Andhra Style Chicken Pulao, Masale Bhaat.
Prep Time : 3-3.30 hour
Cook time : 41-50 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Butter Chicken Biryani Recipe
Tandoori chicken cut into pieces on bone and half cooked 750 grams
Cooked rice 3 cups
Oil 2-3 tablespoons
Butter ¼ cup
Green chillies slit 2-3
Ginger cut into strips 1 inch
Mace blade 1
Green cardamoms 3-4
Onions chopped 3-4 medium
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tablespoon
Tomato puree 3 cups
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder 1½ teaspoons
Dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi) ½ teaspoon
Salt to taste
Fresh cream 2 tablespoons
Honey 1 tablespoon
Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
Fresh mint leaves 8-9
Browned Onions 1 cup
Ghee 3-4 tablespoons
Screw pine (kewda) water 2 teaspoons
Heat oil and butter in a non-stick pan. Add green chillies and some of the ginger, mix and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add mace and cardamoms, mix and sauté for a minute. Add onions, mix and sauté till golden.
Add ginger-garlic paste, mix and sauté for a minute. Add tomato puree and mix well.
Add chilli powder, mix, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon garam masala powder, dried fenugreek leaves and salt, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Strain the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, put on heat and stir. Add chicken pieces and mix well. Add cream and honey and mix well.
Spread half the rice over the chicken, top with some of the remaining ginger, sprinkle 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, mint leaves, remaining garam masala powder and half the browned onions. Spread the remaining rice, sprinkle remaining coriander leaves, remaining ginger, remaining browned onions. Drizzle ghee and screw pine water, cover and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
How to make Vegetable Biryani - Layers of long grain basmati rice and mixed vegetables cooked under dum How to make Vegetable Biryani - Layers of long grain basmati rice and mixed vegetables cooked under dum | How to make Vegetable Biryani - Layers of long grain basmati rice and mixed vegetables cooked under dum – this one is a microwave version of a classic vegetable dum biryani.
- How to make Gulabari Kofta Biryani - Rice cooked with mutton kofta and flavoured generously with rose water and rose pet
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy !
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast - Boneless mutton cooked and cooked in ghee with a roasted spice masala.
- How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa
- Lemon Rice Recipe
- Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian Recipe Card
- Rap with a Wrap at SUBWAY
- Top ten egg Recipes
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl - A complete Thai meal in a bowl new recipe
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Bhaji Par Eeda - Parsis love eggs and they cook them in a variety of ways
- Andhra Chicken Pickle Recipe Card
- Top 15 food trends of 2017
- Andhra Style Mutton Curry Recipe Card
- How to make Poha Chicken Hot Bhujing